Fear Revised Upward
- S&P: Duke Still Negative. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p29
Reports on the decision of Standard & Poor's Corp. to maintain the negative outlook on the multimillion dollars of debt issued for Duke University Health System in Durham, North Carolina. Reason behind the decision of Standard & Poor's; Increase of scrutiny by the state and federal government...
- Moody's to Reviw Ohio Hospital System for Downgrade. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;11/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31264, p6
Reports on the possible review of underlying A1 bond rating for University Hospitals Health System (UHHS) in Ohio by Moody's Investors Service Inc. Authority that insures UHHS bonds; Need for Moody's Investors Service Inc. to evaluate several plans to fund capital projects; Effect of the review...
- City of Vancouver responds to debt question. // Filipino Post;8/21/2014, p18
No abstract available.
- Moody's Gives Chicago's Largest Health System a Boost. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31407, p4
Focuses on the credit rating of Advocate Health Care Network by Moody's Investors Service in Chicago, Illinois. Budget of the health system for capital projects; Absence of plans to issue debts; Improvement of income levels.
- ELECTRICITY MARKETS FOCUS ON DEBT, RISK. Esquivar, Joan; Tomsevics, Ausma // Electric Perspectives;May/Jun2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p114
Focuses on the efforts of the U.S. electric utility industry to reduce debt and increase liquidity. Factor that changed business risks and prompted increased acquisition activity; Move of companies towards issuing common stock; Growth of the credit rating ratios of downgrades versus upgrades...
- A Brazillian-Type Debt Crisis: Simple Analytics. Razin, Assaf; Sadka, Efraim // IMF Staff Papers;2004, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p148
This paper develops a model that captures important features of debt crises of the Brazilian type. Its applicability to Brazil lies in the facts that (1) macroeconomic fundamentals were relatively sound in the wake of the crisis (e.g., a nonnegligible primary surplus, a relatively low debt-GDP...
- Minding The Current Account Gap. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Nov2004, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p4
The article presents information on the financial situation in Bulgaria. The Bulgarian authorities have been compelled to act to contain a boom in private credit growth that has brought increased demand and price pressures. The country's credit-reduction strategy, launched in 2003, focused upon...
- Credit Outlook Still Poor Despite Stronger Economy. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p9
Provides a credit outlook for the chemical industry in the U.S. in 2004. Indications of credit rating downgrades; Expected increase in ratings changes; Threat posed by debt problems to the industry.
- UAE: Dubai Seeking Sovereign Rating. // Emerging Markets Monitor;2/19/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p21
The article presents an economic outlook for Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2007. It discusses the advantages and disadvantages of the decision of the Dubai government to seek credit rating to facilitate bond issuance. It explains the reasons for tapping international capital markets. This...