Bond Provisions in Limbo as Work Halts on Corporate Tax Bill
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;9/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31969, p1
The article presents contents of the September 15, 2004 issue of the public finance newspaper "The Bond Buyer." Topics of the contents include municipal bonds, Indianapolis budget, California Public Finance Conference, derivatives, and corporate tax bill.
- Will Green Bonds Sprout? Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31877, p1
Discusses the prospect of the approval of the proposal for the green bond, the corporate tax bill that contains numerous municipal bond-friendly provisions, in the U.S. Explanation concerning the creation of the green bond proposal of a new category of tax-exempt bonds for large...
- Cost of Senate Bill Muni Provisions Rise. Barnett, Susanna Duff // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p4
Focuses on the municipal bond provisions in the U.S. Senate's corporate tax bill. Estimated cost of the provisions; Measures proposed to spur the issuance of industrial development bonds; Proposed repeal of the ten-year rule for single-family revenue bonds.
- Iowa Tobacco Securitization Off to Governor. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;05/02/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31130, p5
Reports on a proposed bill to permit Iowa to leverage its share of the national tobacco settlement with a mixed sale of tax-exempt and taxable bonds. House's approval of the measure; Amount of bonds to be sold by the state.
- Taxes Act consolidation. // Accountancy;Dec1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1132, p52
Reports that the Income and Corporation Taxes Bill was given its first reading in Great Britain on October 28, 1987.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/12/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31987, p33
Reports on the status of various U.S. legislative bills concerning municipal bonds and public finance as of October 12, 2004. Safe, Accountable, Flexible, and Efficient Transportation Equity Act of 2003; Jumpstart Our Business Strength Act and American Jobs Creation Act of 2004; Energy Tax...
- Costs of Parliamentary Bill. // Accountancy;Apr1967, Vol. 78 Issue 884, p277
Answers a reader's question on whether the costs of a Parliamentary Bill should be disallowed for corporation tax purposes in Great Britain. Details of the case; Effects on the accounting sector; Policy implications on taxation.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;4/18/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32113, p32
Presents the "Bond Buyer" legislative status report in the U.S. Proposal of a provision of the corporate tax bill that would allow conservation groups to benefit from the issuance of tax-exempt bonds to buy forest; Recommendation of President George W. Bush to extend the program at the current...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33705, p6
The article presents the top 10 electronically-mailed (e-mailed) stories at The Bond Buyer.com including the federal tax-exemption for municipal bonds, support of market participants for muni-friendly provisions in the Senate highway bill, and declaration of municipal bond issuers on bankruptcy.