NEWS IN BRIEF
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the U.S. as of March 2002. Increase of orders for durable goods; Surge of the consumer confidence index; Upgrade on the Texas Southern University debt rating by the Moody's Investor Service.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p2
Presents news briefs concerning public finance in the United States as of August 26, 2004. Increase in new orders for durable goods in July 2004; Decline in the sales of new, single-family homes in the U.S. in July 2004; View of Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Jack Guynn, that the continuation...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p2
Presents news briefs related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 28, 2002. Reduction in orders for durable goods in September; Comparison of Ann Arbor, Michigan-based University of Michigan's October consumer sentiment index with the September index; Increase in sales of new, single-family homes.
- Fixed Assets and Consumer Durable Goods for 1925-2001. Lally, Paul R. // Survey of Current Business;Sep2002, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p23
Presents information on estimates of net stocks for fixed assets and consumer durable goods in the U.S. from 1925 to 2001. Chain-type quantity indexes for net stocks for fixed assets and consumer durable goods; Net stocks of the fixed assets of different industries in the country; Details on...
- Market snapshot: Wednesday, October 29. // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p2
Presents charts on key economic indicators in the United States, as of October 29, 1998. Includes durable goods; Bond trading.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31562, p2
Presents news briefs related to finance in the U.S. as of January 29, 2003. Fall in the consumer confidence index for the month of January 2003; Release of data by the Commerce Department on durable goods orders; Rise in new home sales according to the department.
- The substitutability of equities and consumer durable goods: A portfolio-choice approach. Knapp, Dale J.; Nourzad, Farrokh // Southern Economic Journal;Jan94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p612
Examines the degree of substitutability between common stocks and consumer durable goods in a multi-asset portfolio choice framework. Approaches used to measure the degree of substitutability of alternative assets; Features of the portfolio choice model; Results of the study.
- Stocks to invest in this summer. // Money Today;Jun2011, p1
The article presents advice on stock investments in India in summer 2011. It urges equity investors to invest in seasonal stocks that are summer-related. According to market experts, consumer durables as well as the tours and travel business are likely to prosper during the summer. It looks in...
- Durable goods orders rise. // Indianapolis Business Journal;07/05/99, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p17A
Reports on the increase in durable goods in the United States as of May 1999. Analysts' interpretation of the durable goods statistics; Impact on the economy; Possible increase in inflation and interest rates; Types of durable goods in high demand.