Wall Street to Be Tapped for Financing of Jets-Javits Project
- Smart growth a wise move for land use. Cantor, Martin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);04/30/99, Vol. 46 Issue 18, p13B
Argues that the Empire State Development Corp. may be in conflict with New York State's open space purchase policy by trying to sell the Kings Park Psychiatric Center property in Long Island. Details of the proposed land use strategy that run counter with the integrated plan advanced by local...
- City begins to revise comprehensive plan. Callahan, Ed // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p28
Reports on the effort of city officials in Indianapolis, Indiana to update the Indianapolis-Marion County Comprehensive Plan, a process that will include objectives and policies for future land use development.
- New mall beckons; Walker gearing up. Blake, Laura // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 13 Issue 47, p1
Looks at commercial development and land use planning in the City of Walker, Michigan. Plans to build million dollar mall; Views from Mayor Donald Knottnerus; Involvement of Design Plus.
- Officials hear varied uses for Beltline stretch. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/03/97, Vol. 15 Issue 44, p8
Presents some of the potential commercial uses of the Beltline stretch. Some of the developments suggested for the area; Requirement needed by private developers before investing in the area; How the North East Beltline Planning Study classified the area.
- PLANES, TRAINS AND SOUTH FULTON PARKWAY. Starrs, Chris J. // Georgia Trend;Nov2000, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p128
Reports on efforts by the South Fulton Parkway Alliance to land high-quality development for an area near the airport in Fulton County, Georgia. Development of a land-use plan that incorporates residential, business, rail, office, industrial and manufacturing uses; Infrastructure development in...
- 6,200 acres west of Stewart set aside for recreation use. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;02/02/98, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p26
Reports on the preservation of 6,200 acres of land west of the Stewart International Airport in Newburgh, New York for farming and recreational purposes, according to Empire State Development Corp. chairman Charles A. Gargano. Plans of developing commercial opportunities at the remaining space...
- Liberty Condemnation. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p43
Reports on the scheduled public hearing of the Empire State Development Corp. on the One Bryant Park land-use improvement project in New York City. Utilization of a tax-exempt Liberty bonds; Initiation of condemnation proceedings against property owners; Opposition of property owners over the...
- Sacramento's Rail Yards to be Huge Renewal Site. Sokol, David // Shopping Center World;Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p14
Reports on the acquisition of the Union Pacific Railroad urban space by Millennia Associates in California. Construction of commercial buildings; Impact of the project on regional growth; Development of the downtown.
- New England isn't Texas. // ABA Banking Journal;Jul91, Vol. 83 Issue 7, p20
Focuses on the commercial real estate problems of the Bank of Boston in Massachusetts. Impact of land policies on investment builders; Importance of land use policies; Categorization of commercial properties.