Circular 230 Grace Period
- Treasury Proposal to Relax Public Approval Requirements Draws Fire. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/10/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33020, p5
The article reports on the opposition of several community and labor groups to the U.S. Treasury Department's proposed regulations that would ease the requirements for municipal issuers to obtain public approval for projects funded by private-activity bonds. They complain that the proposed...
- Snow: No Hurricane Guarantees. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p1
Reports on the opposition of the U.S. Department of the Treasury to provide federal guarantees for tax-exempt municipal bonds issued by states and localities affected by Hurricane Katrina. Statement of Treasury Secretary Jack Snow regarding the issue; Initiative taken to support state and local...
- Indexes All Rise After Release of Key Economic Data. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p4
Reports on the growth of the Bond Buyer indexes for the period May 12 to August 4, 2005. 20-Bond Index; 11-Bond Index; Revenue bond index; Municipal bond index yield to maturity; U.S. Treasury Dept.'s announcement that it would begin reissuing the 30-year Treasury bond.
- 5 Top Bond Mutual Fund Categories Aren't The Biggest. DOUG ROGERS // Investors Business Daily;10/10/2014, p00
The top-performing bond mutual funds this year and for the past five years aren't the ones where
- Analysts: 30-Year's Return Will Have Modest Impact on Muni Yields. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/5/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32190, p7
Reports on the impact of the United States Dept. of the Treasury's announcement that it plans to resume the issuance of 30-year bonds on municipal bond yields. Opinion of market analysts that the Treasury announcement would have modest impact on municipal bond yields; Demand for long-term...
- House OKs Muni TARP But Measure Has Little Chance in Senate. Ackerman, Andrew; Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/22/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33046, p1
The article reports on the passage of the bill that would set new conditions for the disbursement of the second $350 billion portion of the Troubled Assets Relief Program (TARP) in the U.S. The measure includes a provision that elucidates the Treasury Department of its authority to help the...
- Treasury 4-Week Bills To Pay Down $8 Billion. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;12/18/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32776, p2
The article reports on the declaration of the U.S. Department of the Treasury that it will sell $20 billion of four-week discount bills on December 18, 2007 to pay down $8 billion and refund $28 billion of maturing bills.
- T-Bill Auction to Pay Down $1.018B. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;8/19/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32200, p2
Reports on the United States Treasury Department's weekly auction of 92-day and 182-day discount bills on August 22, 2005.
- Municipals Drift in Light Trading; Bush Pushes $2.23 Trillion Budget. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;2/4/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31566, p2
Reports on trends in municipal bonds in the U.S. on February 3, 2003. Reason for low trading in government bonds; Steps proposed by U.S. Department of Treasury to fund the growing budget deficit; Drop in Institute for Supply Management index in January 2003.