Winooski, Vt., Eyes $18M in Garvee-Like Notes for Road Work
- Oklahoma on the Road Again With $50 Million of Garvees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/2/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31792, p40
Focuses on the preparation of Oklahoma to launch the issue of grant anticipation revenue vehicles as part of a plan to accelerate highway construction. Worth of the sale of Garvee program; Significant provision of the legislation regarding bond issues; Creation of a new Council of Bond Oversight
- Indiana Democrats Offer Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32307, p1
The article reports on the proposal of Indiana House Democrats to use grant anticipation revenue bonds and bonds backed by toll increases to fund a transportation program in the state. They opposed to the idea of using a fund that an international consortium has bid for the right to lease the...
- Federal grant paves way for airport work. // San Diego Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 17 Issue 39, p43
Reports that the San Diego Unified Port District, California received aid from the federal government for road improvements at the Lindbergh Field airport. Size of the grant from the federal government; Benefits of the road improvement.
- Funding steamrolled. // Business News New Jersey;05/26/97, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p2
Reports that as a result of Republican Congressional leaders and the Bill Clinton White House becoming allies, New Jersey's attempt to protect its federal highways funds has run into the budget steam-roller. Benefits that would have resulted from a compromise deal; Details on the vote in the House.
- County expects $4 million for road repairs. Anderson, David // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/12/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p1
The article reports on the $4 million worth of road repair funding expected by the officials of Hillsboro County, Texas from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Maglev moves ahead. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;05/18/98, Vol. 254 Issue 7, p15
Gives information on the $2 million proposed Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA) grant which is to be used in reducing highway congestion in Virginia. Businesses which joined together to give an additional $14 million; Information on the Maglev project.
- Five states will share big discretionary fund. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/16/94, Vol. 232 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the discretionary federal highway funds for Interstate work awarded to five states as announced on May 5, 1994. Amount to be still awarded for fiscal year 1994; Funds received by specific states; Washington; Virginia; Maryland; Colorado.
- Riverside Drive, farmer's market plans moving forward. Williams, Allison // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jun2004, Vol. 18 Issue 6, pA19
Focuses on the Wenatchee's Waterfront Development in Washington. Use of the trail crossing; Alignment for Riverside Drive; Process of grant writing to help fund its construction.
- Sarasota-Bradenton, Fla., Airport Faces Bond Obligation Risk. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, p3
Reports on a filing by the Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport management regarding the Florida airport's ability to meet its bond obligations without a federal grant to help it lure a low-fair airline. Florida countries served by the airport; Debt outstanding of the airport; Total debt...