West Virginia Lawmakers OK $3B Budget, Scaled Down From Governor's Plan
- Governors and e-Expectations. Perlman, Ellen // Governing;Mar2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p62
Presents an update on the creation of electronic governments in the U.S. as of March 2001. Intent of governors and CIO to build an electronic government; Task facing the administration of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise; Difficulty faced by the state of North Carolina with regard to the issue...
- West Virginia Governor Delivers Solemn View of State's Economy. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;02/16/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31079, p6
Reports the proposals of Governor Bob Wise to improve the economy of West Virginia. Outline of the budgetary shortfalls; Views of the governor on budgetary problems; Cancellation of the 94 million-dollar worth in road contracts; Creation of an internal audit and risk assessment office.
- Further Cuts? Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p33
Reports on the order issued by the governor of West Virginia Bob Wise to state agencies regarding identification of budgets for cuts in the event of a recession in the economy. Percentage of state agency budget cuts during Wise's tenure as governor; Budget cuts ordered by Wise in a fiscal year;...
- Outgoing West Virginia Governor May Call Special. Gambling Session. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p38
The article reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise announced that he is considering calling a special session of the Legislature before his term expires in January to try to legalize table gambling in the state, a measure he says could help address the state's impending budget deficit over...
- Wise Cuts. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p25
Reports on the reduction of the budget by Governor Bob Wise in West Virginia.
- West Virginia Governor Seeks to Avoid Further Cuts, Despite Falling Revenues. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p28
Reports on the efforts of Governor Bob Wise to prevent additional budget cuts in West Virginia. Reduction in the income tax collections in the state; Projected state budget deficit in the year 2003; Total amount of first-quarter general revenues.
- W. Va. Turns to Tobacco. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p1
Reports on the proposal of Governor Bob Wise to issue a multi-million dollar taxable revenue bonds supported by the state's share of tobacco settlement funds in West Virginia. Use of the proceeds to pay a portion of the state's pension liabilities; Selling of the rights to the tobacco...
- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.