COPs Spur Recall Bid
- The balancing act of running a county jail. BROWN, JOHNNY // Ellis County Press;1/28/2016, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p5
The article reports on the effective management of a county jail in Texas by meeting the standards set by the state's Jail Commission and working within the restraints of a county jail's budget.
- Overcrowded Jail Market Puts Counties at Risk, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p30
Reports that an increasing trend of private jail construction designed to encourage economic development in Southwest region in the U.S. poses a risk for bondholders and counties in the region. Intentions behind building major jails in minor counties; Problems associated with jails built 35...
- Locked-In Deal. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31720, p31
Reports on the approval of the Jefferson County Quorom Court on the issuance of the multi-million revenue bonds to finance the construction of several jail beds in New York.
- As Arkansas Jails Overflow, Sheriffs Ponder Their Options. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p26
Reports on Arkansas sheriffs' problem of finding the money to build new jails. Overcrowded and outdated jails in the state; Voters' reluctance to approve tax-backed jail bonds; Sheriffs' plan to issue economic development revenue bonds to build new facilities.
- 'New for old' prisons via PFI. // PFI Report;Mar2002, Issue 61, p4
Reports on the plans to use the private finance initiative (PFI) for the delivery of prisons under a new for old building program in Great Britain. Plans to develop super jails; Possibility of asking companies to enter into a partnership to address deficiencies in the condition of the prison...
- Oklahoma Jail's Woes Grow Along With Private Competition. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/13/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31698, p5
Reports on challenges posed by a private prison in Sayre, Oklahoma, which has fallen vacant, to another jail in Grady County, Oklahoma as of August 13, 2003. Reason why the North Fork Detention Facility in Sayre was closed; Revenue bonds on which the County is facing default.
- County commission adopts $30 million budget, tax rate. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 38, p1A
The article reports on the more than $30 million budget that was adopted by the Burnet County Commissioners Court in Texas for Fiscal Year 2015 on September 16, 2014, which is increase is attributed on additional expenses for the county jail, district attorney employees absorption as county...
- Troubled Oklahoma Jail May Be in Default on Its Bonds. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/16/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31678, p3
Focuses on the technical default committed by Grady County, Oklahoma jail that is the subject of grand jury investigation, on more than $17 million of revenue bonds. Reasons forwarded by Sheriff Kieran McMullen of Grady County concerning the default; Purpose for which the bond was issued;...
- Unlocked Up. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/2/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31356, p31
Reports on the additional amount needed by Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department for jail door locks. Mistake in ordering door locks; Change of the computer software that locks doors automatically; Issuance of the sales tax revenue to finance the construction of jail.