Mulvihill Moves From Ambac to XL Capital
- Many Guarantors Working With Issuers to Ease ARS Turmoil. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;4/9/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32853, p7
The article reports that U.S. financial guarantors teamed with issuers to search for solutions to their debt problems. Various issuers heeded the call, including Ambac Assurance Corp., MBIA Insurance Corp. and XL Capital Assurance Inc., although their limited exposure to the auction-rate market...
- Ambac, XLCA Post Higher Earnings in First Quarter. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;4/27/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32369, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of XL Capital Assurance Inc. and Ambac Assurance Corp. The two companies showed increase in profits for the first quarter of 2006 in different ways. XL Capital Assurance Inc. gained its profits through tough management of its investment portfolio....
- Auburn GOs Coming. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p36
Reports on the plan of Auburn, Maine to competitively sell general obligation bonds to fund a new elementary school. Maturity date of the fixed-rate bonds; Application of the city for backing from Financial Security Assurance Inc., Ambac Assurance Corp., XL Capital Assurance Inc., and MBIA...
- Atlanta, Houston Deals to Provide Short-Term Supply. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;6/7/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31899, p6
Looks at deals in the bond market expected to close in the second week of June 2004. Final maturities of the multimillion dollar tax-exempt auction-rate bonds insured by XL Capital Assurance and Ambac Assurance Corp.; Plans of Bear Stearns and J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. to price a multimillion...
- XLCA Public Finance Team Adds Two. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the appointment of Leigh Shaffer and Matthew Sinni to the public finance team at XL Capital Assurance Inc. in the U.S. Career background of Sinni and Shaffer; Educational attainment.
- CLARIFICATION. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6
A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.
- XL Capital Still Painted as Newcomers, With Yields to Match. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p22
Reports on the rating of insurer XL Capital Assurance in the U.S. Bonds issued by the company; Products offered.
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- XLCA Records a Net Loss for Second-Quarter Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p38
Reports the net loss of XL Capital Assurance in New York. Effect on the increased expenses of the company; Total loss of investments; Maintenance of employee base.