Munis Little Changed; Retail Order Period Held for Connecticut GOs
- Muni Yields Rise 10-12 Basis Points; UBS Prices $480M Pennsylvania Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields in the United States rose by 10 to 12 basis points on July 31, 2003. Increase of 0.9 percent in the second quarter employment cost index; Details on the pricing and repricing of Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission revenue bonds by the provider of financial...
- UBS Likely to Be Named Underwriter for B.C. Stadium Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p7
Reports on UBS Financial Services Inc.'s bid for the lead underwriting role in Washington, D.C.'s $410 million baseball stadium bond transaction. UBS Financia's preparatory work on the deal; Bond law firms under contract with the city; Ratings of bonds in the negotiated deal.
- Mass. Appeal For Debut Schools Deal. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts School Building Authority's entry into the municipal bond market. Pricing for the sales-tax-backed debt; UBS Financial Services Inc.'s appointment as lead underwriter for the deal; Yields on the authority's maiden offering.
- D.C. Ballpark Deal Now at $534M, Tax-Exempt and Taxable. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p6
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to issue multimillion dollars-worth in taxable bonds for the construction of a new home for the Washington National's baseball team. Factors threatening the realization of the bond transaction; Selection of UBS Financial Services Inc. as the...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 2, 2004. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Presents data on plain/insured municipal bond yield curves in the Southeast for November 2, 2004.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p1
Presents graphs showing the rate of return on municipal bonds in the United States as of November 10, 2004.
- Munis Unchanged as Prices Stabilize; Buyers Wait for FOMC Meeting Effects. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;11/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32008, p2
Highlights the activities in the municipal bond market in the United States on November 9, 2004. Rate of return on municipal bonds; Performance of the secondary market; Notes auctioned by the U.S. Treasury Department; Performance of selected municipal bonds.
- THURSDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p1
The article reports on the unfavorable municipal bond market performance as of Thursday in New York. The technical sell-off in Treasuries exacerbated by a rebound in retail sales, which reinforced expectations for more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board, bear upon the near low level yields...
- 'Logic Is Out the Window' for Municipals In Midst of Forced Selling. // Bond Buyer;12/15/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33023, p6
The article reports on the yield of several municipal bonds traded in the U.S. The ten-year general obligation bond has yielded 4.43 percent, while an insured bond has earned 4.62 percent in Massachusetts. Corporate-backed revenue and tax-exempt bonds have generated lower income compared to...