Munis Little Changed; Retail Order Period Held for Connecticut GOs
- Muni Yields Rise 10-12 Basis Points; UBS Prices $480M Pennsylvania Deal. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields in the United States rose by 10 to 12 basis points on July 31, 2003. Increase of 0.9 percent in the second quarter employment cost index; Details on the pricing and repricing of Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission revenue bonds by the provider of financial...
- UBS Likely to Be Named Underwriter for B.C. Stadium Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31982, p7
Reports on UBS Financial Services Inc.'s bid for the lead underwriting role in Washington, D.C.'s $410 million baseball stadium bond transaction. UBS Financia's preparatory work on the deal; Bond law firms under contract with the city; Ratings of bonds in the negotiated deal.
- Mass. Appeal For Debut Schools Deal. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p1
Reports on the Massachusetts School Building Authority's entry into the municipal bond market. Pricing for the sales-tax-backed debt; UBS Financial Services Inc.'s appointment as lead underwriter for the deal; Yields on the authority's maiden offering.
- D.C. Ballpark Deal Now at $534M, Tax-Exempt and Taxable. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32260, p6
Reports on the plan of the District of Columbia to issue multimillion dollars-worth in taxable bonds for the construction of a new home for the Washington National's baseball team. Factors threatening the realization of the bond transaction; Selection of UBS Financial Services Inc. as the...
- Southeast: Plain/Insured GO Yield Curves for Nov. 2, 2004. // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p31
Presents data on plain/insured municipal bond yield curves in the Southeast for November 2, 2004.
- Munis Finish Short Session Near Day's Lows. Johnson, Anastasija; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/17/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32361, p2
The article reports on the unfavorable municipal bond market performance as of Thursday in New York. The technical sell-off in Treasuries exacerbated by a rebound in retail sales, which reinforced expectations for more rate hikes by the Federal Reserve Board, bear upon the near low level yields...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p36
Presents charts and a graph on bonds and government securities in the United States as of June 21, 2004. U.S. securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; Municipal market data general obligation yields; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index; Reoffering yields.
- Muni Prices End Lower As Yields Rise 5 bps. Barnett, Chip // Bondbuyer.com;7/1/2015, p36
The article reports on the lower prices of top-rated municipal bonds while yields on some maturities rose as of July 1, 2015 in the U.S. Topics discussed include the rise in the yield on the ten-year benchmark municipal general obligation (GO) bonds, lowered Treasury prices, and trading of...
- EQUIVALENT TAXABLE YIELD. Oglesby, Darren Wayne // Concise Encyclopedia of Investing;2007, p18
A definition of the term "equivalent taxable yield" is presented. It refers to the yield that must be offered on a taxable bond issue to provide similar after-tax yield as a tax-exempt issue. Equivalent taxable yield is a comparison between the taxable yield on a corporate or government bond and...