Market changes mean owning may now be a better option than renting
- Squeezing up rents. // Estates Gazette;4/2/2011, Issue 1113, p95
The article provides information on the rising rents in Midtown as the availability of refurbished and new-build stock in the district falls to very low levels in England, which includes a quote from Julian Hind of Farebrother mentioning the declining incentives that produced net effective...
- RECENT PARISIAN LETTING DEALS. // EuroProperty;5/6/2013, p21
The article reports on the slight decrease in rents in Paris, France, central business district (CBD).
- Slow to recover. // Estates Gazette;2/12/2011, Issue 1106, p81
The article lists information on the total square feet, availability, and rent of office and industrial markets in Kent, England in 2009 and 2010.
- GERMAN REGIONAL CITIES 'MORE STABLE'. // EuroProperty;3/18/2013, p3
The article reports on a study by German real estate bank DG HYP, which revealed that office rents are stabilising more in German regional metropolises compared to the top seven German cities.
- Hot or not? // Estates Gazette;3/19/2011, Issue 1111, p88
The article examines several real estate locations in Berkshire and Thames Valley in England which can be considered hot spots and which cannot. It is stated that Oxford has the potential to be profitable for offices as prime rents remained stable for the past five years. Another good location...
- The recovery is not yet a gilt-edged cert. Wild, Damian // Estates Gazette;2/6/2010, Issue 1005, p23
The article introduces a series of articles related to the recovery of the commercial property market in 2010 published within the issue, including one on the results of the Emerging Trends on Real Estate Europe survey by the Urban Land Institute and PricewaterhouseCoopers and another on the...
- Commercial Rents Drop in 2nd Qtr. // National Mortgage News;9/10/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 49
Reports on the decline of average rents in six major commercial real estate sectors in the United States for the second quarter.
- Buying Power. Hewitt, Janet Reilley // Mortgage Banking;07/01/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p4
Comments on the U.S. commercial real estate finance markets. Decline in rents; Position of luxury apartments in the market.
- Absorption Falls, Lease Rates Climb, Vacancy Increases. // Orange County Business Journal;8/28/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 35, p46
The article reports on the performance of the commercial retail market in Orange County, California as of the second quarter of 2006. Average asking lease rate for the market has increased by 18 cents during the quarter to $2.47 per square foot. Total vacancy rate has climbed by 13 percent...