Retailers told to help make IFC more comprehensible
- New proposals for cowboys. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Nov97, p10
Reports on the proposals made by Fair Trading director general John Bridgeman imposing tighter measures against rogue traders in Great Britain. Prohibition of orders requiring a trader end an unfair course of conduct; Legal penalty for a trader not complying with an order of the judicial body.
- OFT warns airlines. // Credit Management;Aug99, p11
Warns airlines to expect legal action if they do not make scheduled flight contracts fairer to passengers. Statements from John Bridgeman, director-general of Fair Trading; Types of unfair airline contract terms.
- Compassion. // Public Sculpture of Birmingham;1998, p56
Information about the Compassion sculpture by John Bridgeman is presented. Owned by Dudley Road Hospital in Birmingham, England, the monumental bronze sculpture has shown a Mother and Child image, placed on an external wall of the hospital's extension opened in 1966. The statue's idea is...
- Acknowledgements. Williams, Michael // Mastering Leadership;1999, piv
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of his book are mentioned.
- Speaking out. Aziz, Khalid // Management Today;Nov2001, p24
Focuses on speech of John Bridegeman, director general of the Office of Fair Trading in the London School of Economics in London, England. Focus on the history of competition policy; Employment of Bridgeman in various institutions; Lessons from the speech.
- OFT annual report. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Sep98, p14
Reports that the Competition Bill before Parliament would bring much-needed reform according to John Bridgeman, director general of Fair Trading in Great Britain. Provisions under the bill; Statistics on the applications for a Consumer Credit Licence.
- Mother and Child. // Public Sculpture of Birmingham;1998, p88
Information about the Mother and Child sculpture by John Bridgeman is presented. The sculpture is made of a cement-like material with copper-coloured patina portraying a woman carrying her child in a contented nature which depicts the nature of motherhood. It is situated at the courtyard of the...
- Playsculptures. // Public Sculpture of Birmingham;1998, p175
Information about the sculpture "Playsculptures," sculpted by John Bridgeman in Birmingham, England is presented. The sculpture is made up concrete materials with metallic paint and has a height of 55 centimeters. Moreover, it indicates that the sculpture was funded by City Architect, A.G....
- OFT warns banks on unfair terms. Smith, Richard // Credit Management;Jul98, p10
Reports that the Director General of Fair Trading, John Bridgeman, has warned banks to ensure fairness in their contracts with consumers. Investigation conducted by the OFT; Statement from Bridgeman.