Lighting's New Direction
- Invisible Lighting. Wilson, Jim; Brill, Louis; Coledan, Stefano; Fillon, Hike; Singer, Neal // Popular Mechanics;Jul2004, Vol. 181 Issue 7, p24
The next big thing in lighting could be a lamp so small that it can barely be seen. That possibility came to light earlier this year at the Light+ Building trade fair in Frankfurt, where Germany's Osram introduced Ministar, the world's smallest integral reflector halogen lamp. Minister packs the...
- Ultra-bright light to transform data storage. // Engineer (00137758);4/12/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7597, p9
Focuses on an ultra-bright light source being developed at the Daresbury Laboratory in Cheshire, England. Aim of the Fourth-Generation Light Source project; Benefits of the light source; Difference between the third generation synchrotrons and the 4GLS system.
- MÄ°MARÄ° AYDINLATMAYA YÃ–NELÄ°K ELÄ°PSOÄ°T YANSITICI TASARIMI. Öztürk, Leyla Dokuzer; Tong, Togan; Yağmuer, Şensin Aydın // Megaron;2008, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p33
The luminaire is the main tool to set up a lighting arrangement in an interior which provides the good visual conditions completely. The fundamental aim of luminaire design is to send the light of a lamp, emitting in almost all directions, in the desired directions. The control of lamp light is...
- Seamless lighting fixture. // Architectural Record;Aug2004, Vol. 192 Issue 8, p226
The Seamlessline T6 fluorescent integral lighting fixture, from New York City-based Nippo Electric, offers" seamless" direct and indirect lighting. The fixtures can be installed in a line to create uniform brightness and eliminate dark zones. The UL-listed fixture offers an average lamp life of...
- Light and Bright. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Aug2004, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p11
Reports that the core-and-coil lighting ballasts will be obsolete. Usage of Advance's DynaVision electronic ballasts by lighting fixture manufacturer, Guth in St. Louis, Missouri; Capabilities of the DynaVision; Difference between DynaVision and conventional probe-start systems on production of...
- E.T. Phone Home. Liebel, Brian // Lighting Design & Application;Feb2005, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the emergence of lighting technologies and its impact on the industry. Information on emerging technologies; Implications of technological innovations for the market; Effects of emerging technologies on lighting.
- Recent Advances in Lighting Science. Lapatovich, Walter P. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2004, Vol. 730 Issue 1, p255
Lighting is a global industry supplying a wide array of devices and systems that emit light ranging from incandescent lamps to light emitting diodes to electric discharge lamps. Electric discharge lamps are the most familiar plasma devices to most people. This work focuses on plasma light...
- BNL pitches $424M synchrotron. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/19/2004, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p1A
Reports on the lobbying of the Brookhaven National Laboratory for the massive X-ray machine used by scientists for drug development, materials science and nanoscience in Upton, New York. Budget of the National Synchrotron Lights Source; Request of funding from the Department of Energy;...
- Modular Light Source Selector Guide. // Wireless Design & Development;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p41
Introduces the modular light source Selector Guide from Dymax Corp. Product features; Specifications; Usability.