New Survivor Benefits Mean Changes to SOPs
- IAFC reaffirms support for legislation. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p36
Reports on the International Association of Fire Chiefs' (IAFC) support to the Firefighters Pay Fairness Act of 1995 and the Fire Safety Education Act. Proposals under the Firefighters Pay Fairness Act; Purpose of the Fire Safety Education Act.
- NVFC backs volunteer-oriented legislation. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p37
Reports that the National Volunteer Fire Council (NVFC) has announced its support for the Service Award Tax bill. Purpose of the bill; NVFC and Volunteer Section of the International Association of Fire Chiefs' support to the Volunteer Firefighter and Rescue Squad Worker Protection Act.
- Where there's smokeâ€¦. Brock, Ed // American City & County;Jun2009, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p10
The article deals with the debate between the National League of Cities (NLC) and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) over laws in the U.S. that extend workers' compensation benefits to firefighters who contract cancer, without requiring the individuals to prove a direct link to...
- Fits over fitness. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Dec96, Vol. 149 Issue 12, p6
Editorial. Focuses on the dispute between the International Association of Fire Chief (IAFC) and the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) Union Local 42 regarding the Firefighter Combat Challenge. Background on the dispute; IAFF's opposition to the proposed NFP 1583 and to...
- IAFF and IAFC support haz-mat tracking system. // Fire Engineering;Mar2000, Vol. 153 Issue 3, p44
Reports that the International Association of Fire Fighters and the International Association of Fire Chiefs are joining efforts to gain firefighters access to Operation Respond Emergency Information System (OREIS). Contents of the OREIS; Application of the OREIS to firefighters' safety.
- Safety Week Begins Sunday, Focuses on Fireground Survival. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;6/17/2011, p1
The article reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) is encouraging fire departments across the U.S. to participate in the annual Fire/ Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Safety, Health, and Survival Week on June 19-25, 2011. It says that the theme of the event focuses on...
- IAFC and IAFF introduce physical ability test. // Fire Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p40
Reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs and the International Association of Fire Fighters have developed the Fire Service Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT). List of skills being measured; Cost of the test administration; Fire departments involved in developing CPAT.
- Orgs Launch CO-Safety Campaign. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;Jan2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the launching of "Silent Killer," an educational campaign initiated by the International Association of Fire Chiefs, Masimo and the International Association of Fire Fighters in the U.S. It notes that the campaign is aimed for increasing awareness on the job-related...
- Volunteer firefighter responding to a fire is entitled to immunity. // Fire Engineering;Oct97, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p26
Presents a case where a fire fighter was granted immunity when he was sued by the driver of a car who he accidentally hit. When a governmental employee can have immunity under a state law; Why the firefighter was not entitled to immunity according to the driver; Reason why the fire fighter was...