- NOT-SO-EASY MONEY. West, Pat // Fire Chief;Apr2004, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p56
Examines the degree of federal funding to local fire departments in the U.S. Amount awarded by the federal government to departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Program; Evaluation of the U.S. Fire Administration on how the fire grants affect fire department operations; List of federal...
- Mass. Releasing Grants to Volunteer Fire Departments. // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;1/6/2012, p2
The article on the federal Volunteer Fire Assistance Grants to be released by officials in Massachusetts to fund operations of volunteer and rural fire departments service smaller communities.
- Panels complete fire grant application peer reviews. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p38
Reports the review process on fire grant applications of fire departments under the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program in the United States. Evaluation of the applications by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Fire Administration; Amount appropriated for the grant program;...
- Fire departments awarded FETN/ICHIEFS grants. // Fire Engineering;Aug2001, Vol. 154 Issue 8, p42
Reports the awarding of the National Association of Fire Chiefs/Fire and Emergency Television Network Professional Development Grant to fire departments in the United States. Provisions of the grant; Recipients of the grant; Impact of the grant to firefighters.
- Grant program for Pennsylvania volunteer fire companies proposed. // Fire Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 153 Issue 4, p52
Reports the state grant program for volunteer fire departments proposed by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Ridge. Remark of Congressional Fire Services Institute Executive Director Bill Webb on the program; Coverage of the program; Role of the Office of the State Fire Commissioner as the awarding...
- $170 million in FEMA grants awarded to 2,756 fire departments. // Fire Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 155 Issue 12, p41
Focuses on the grants awarded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Fire Administration to various fire departments in the U.S. Estimated number of fire departments applying for grants; Provisions of the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program; Plans of FEMA to distribute...
- A FEDERAL CASE. Manning, Bill // Fire Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 156 Issue 6, p8
Presents viewpoints concerning the current fire services status in Washington. Reinstatement of the 36 National Fire Academy classes; Utilization of the state-fire-agency-delivered terrorism training outreach program; Accounts on the selection mechanism for making grants.
- Assistance to Firefighters grant awards at $170 million. // Fire Engineering;Oct2003, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p65
Reports on the Assistance Firefighters grants given to fire departments. Number of fire department receiving the grants; Amount of grant.
- Hensarling announces federal dollars for Mabank Fire Department. // Malakoff News (TX);1/26/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p10A
The article reports on Congressman Jeb Hensarling's announcement of the provision of $35,340 in federal funds to the Mabank Volunteer Fire Department through the Department of Homeland Security's Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program for the improvement of operations and firefighter safety.