Wireless Network Hands Off Data a High Speeds
- Build a streaming ready network. TAYLOR, NATHAN // Techlife Australia (Bauer Media Group);Jan2014, Issue 20, p59
The article focuses on how to set up a wireless media-streaming network from scratch. It is noted that a lot of older wireless networks just can not deliver high definition video with any fluidity as it is bandwidth intensive. Information on modern modem router is given through which home...
- Netgear WTG624. // Australian PC User;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p105
Evaluates Netgear WTG624 wireless router. Features of WTG624; Price of the router.
- Q&A: Mike Jonas, LightRiver Technologies. Hawkes, Alex // Capacity Magazine;3/16/2015, p1
Q&A with Mike Jonas, president marketing & sales at California-based LightRiver Technologies.
- WIRELESS ROUTERS. // Computer Shopper;Jan2015, Issue 323, p96
The article offers the author's insights on how to build a better wireless routers. Topics discussed include the need to check which type of network one's need, like a modem with built-in asymmetric digital subscriber lines (ADSL) modem, the band of choice for wireless signals, and the use of...
- Joint Monitoring and Routing in Wireless Sensor Networks Using Robust Identifying Codes. Laifenfeld, Moshe; Trachtenberg, Ari; Cohen, Reuven; Starobinski, David // Mobile Networks & Applications;Aug2009, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p415
Wireless Sensor Networks (WSNs) provide an important means of monitoring the physical world, but their limitations present challenges to fundamental network services such as routing. In this work we utilize an abstraction of WSNs based on the theory of identifying codes. This abstraction has...
- Executive decision. Jetter, R.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Nov2002, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p28
Reports on the public safety applications of Colorado's wireless interoperability communication system. Government funding of the system; Problems encountered by law enforcement agencies with previous public safety radio technology addressed by the system.
- Link offers tactical bridge. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p55
Features the TCB-I wireless public safety radio tool for rapid field deployment from Link Communications Inc.
- The Public Safety Wireless Network (PSWN) Program. Siegle, Derek; Murphy, Rick // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;May2001, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p10
Introduces the Public Safety Wireless Network Program in the United States. History and organization; Coordination and partnerships; Financial backers; Goal of the program.
- Understanding wireless communications in public safety. Imel, Kathy; Hart, James W. // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2000, Vol. 18 Issue 10, pPS2
Presents excerpts on wireless communications options taken from a guidebook to technology, issue, planning and management for public safety communication professionals. Dedicated radio systems; Sample vendors; System coverage; Disadvantages of cellular/PCS radio; Cellular digital packet data.