Missing in Action
- A Fire-Truck Diagram. // Scholastic News -- Edition 2;Oct2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p4
Presents a quiz about the parts of a fire truck.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul96, Vol. 149 Issue 7, p96
Presents fire trucks. Middlefield, Ohio, Fire Department's designing of 500-gallon water tank for its truck; Saddle Brook, New Jersey, Fire Department's purchasing of truck designed by Pierce; Abbotsford, British Columbia, Fire Department's use of Anderson truck.
- Apparatus deliveries. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p102
Features various types of rescue trucks used by fire departments in the United States. Includes `Hackney' of Newark, New Jersey-based UMDNJ-University Hospital EMS; `SVI Trucks' of Monsey, New York-based Brewer Fire Engine Company No. 1; `Emergency One' of Papillion Fire Department.
- Fire Trucks to the Rescue! Giles, Nichole // Highlights for Children;Nov2007, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p16
This article offers information on different kinds of fire trucks.
- SHOP NEWS. // Fire Chief;Aug2003, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p131
Presents news briefs concerning fire engines industry in the U.S., as of August 2003. Over-the-pinion-tie-rod option for MT14 and Mt17 front-drive axles; Availability of the revised copy of the inspection, care and use of firehose, couplings and nozzles; Vehicle maintenance certification tests...
- READY FOR ANYTHING. Wilcox, David // Commercial Motor;5/27/2004, Vol. 199 Issue 5081, p62
Presents information on the Fire Service Fleet Management Seminar organized by the Transport Officers Group of the Chief Fire Officers Association held at the Fire Service College in Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, England. Participants; Theme; Prototypes of vehicles for fire service...
- Trucks That Breathe FIRE! Bledsoe, Karen E. // Boys' Quest;Apr/May2008, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p36
The article evaluates the Hawaiian Fire Department jet-powered fire truck.
- NEW DELIVERIES. // Fire Chief;Dec2007, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p90
The article offers news briefs related to fire departments in the U.S. The Edmon Fire and Rescue in Oklahoma took delivery of a 75-foot heavy-duty Pierce Velocity ladder. The Sable Altura Fire Department in Colorado has taken delivery of a 20-foot custom heavy rescue from SVI Trucks Inc. The...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;Aug2012, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p106
The article offers information on several fire trucks and apparatus including an engine/tanker by Precision Fire Apparatus, a quint by Precision Fire Apparatus, and the Crimson (DBA) Spartan ERV (emergency response vehicle) pumper by the Wanamassa Fire Company.