- Advantage for the disadvantaged. // Cabinet Maker;8/20/2004, Issue 5402, p5
Reports on the initiative between Worshipful Co. of Furniture Markers and the Prince's Trust which would provide jobs to disadvantaged people in Great Britain.
- Manufacturers get hit hard on the home front. // Business North Carolina;Feb2002, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p38
Presents information on the furniture industry in North Carolina as of February 2002. Layoff in the industry in 2001; Furniture manufacturers; Manufacturing employment; Furniture-store sales.
- Letters. Brown, Peter; Quigley, Patrick // Cabinet Maker;1/27/2006, Issue 5473, p8
The article presents several letters to the editor related to the furniture industry in Great Britain. The growing membership of the European Union will have an effect on employment opportunities in the furniture industry in Great Britain. Memory foam mattresses should comply with regulations.
- The Furniture Industry Down Under. Dossenbach, Tom // Wood & Wood Products;Nov2002, Vol. 107 Issue 12, p27
Part I. Comments on the impact of globalization on the furniture industry in Australia. Total industry shipments for wood and upholstered furniture; Comparison on the total employment between the furniture industry and the automobile industry; Reason on the business failure of large furniture...
- 2014, 2015 hold promise of better business. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;10/19/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p78
In this article, the author discusses various aspects including employment, corporate profits and stock market which contribute in the business development of the furniture industry in 2014 and 2015.
- Lindler predicts 're-shoring' as production comes home. // Furniture/Today;5/28/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 37, p22
The article offers the insights of United Steel Storage president Bill Lindler on re-shoring of the manufacturing works in furniture industry in the U.S., Europe, and Canada in 2017 to 2022.
- Employing Migrant Workers: Case Study Research. TUCKMAN, ALAN // Industrial Law Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p218
The article presents a study which assessed the trends in the employment of migrant workers in Europe from 2004 to 2007. It mentions that between these years, the estimated number of migrants in the region is around 720,000. It also discusses the impact of the employment trends on several...
- U.S. case goods in survival fight. Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;2/4/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the decline of residential furniture factory employment in High Point, North Carolina. Closure of several furniture plants; Reduction of retail sales; Instability of furniture sales.
- THE COST OF AN INDUSTRIAL ACCIDENT. Rankin, Dave // Wood Digest;Nov2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p54
This article focuses on the importance of workers' safety in the woodworking industry. In today's American woodworking factory, safety is no luxury; it is a necessity. Employers are required to furnish to each employee, a place of employment which is free from recognized hazards that are causing...