A new name and new look
- High-end furniture store proves 'new ideas' right. McCord, Michael // New Hampshire Business Review;8/24/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p16
Offers information on Hubbingtons furniture store owned by Peter Rhoades in Barrington, New Hampshire. Personal background of Rhoades; Customer base of the company; Rationale behind the name of the store.
- Colette Adds Chanel, Versace, Alaia. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/14/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 51, p18
Reports that fashion boutique Colette is adding the fashion brands Chanel, Versace and Azzedine Alaia to its product line.
- Bye Bikestation, Hello Bike Port. // Bicycle Paper;Mar2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p2
The article announces the name change of Bikestation to Bike Port, a cycling supply store in Seattle, Washington.
- Kornmeyer's sets new look, new products. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p78
Reports on the expansion of the store of Kornmeyer's Furniture Co. in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Decision of the family-owned business to broaden its assortment with more popular, contemporary, and transitional styles; Change of the store's name to Kornmeyer's HomeSmart; Inclusion of an attached,...
- Good's stores return to family fold with new name. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;10/10/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p78
Reports that the owners of Richard's Furniture & Flooring have re-opened the flagship Good's Furniture store in New Holland, Pennsylvania. Amount spent on the renovations, store opening, name change, and inventory; Sales performance of the business in 2004; Key suppliers of the company.
- SHOULD RETAILERS MAKE THE CONCESSION? // Cabinet Maker;7/20/2012, Issue 5797, p18
The article focuses on the issue of concessions work and the benefits concessions in the furniture industry. For large corporate retailers, concessions can be less attractive, as margins are generally much smaller than they are when developing a private label brand. However, for specialist...
- Pardon moi! // Cabinet Maker;7/2/2004, Issue 5395, p31
Reports on the subliminal message for English-speaking customers by a furniture store owner in Brittany, France when he named the store, Le Bastard.
- DP franchisees opt to branch out. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p5
The article reports that five of DP Furniture Express's biggest franchises have left the company and formed a new chain called Branches, after disagreements over strategy. The group had been unhappy with the out-of-town locations of new DP Furniture Express stores, its move into veneers.and...
- Getting to the heart of branding. Grindem, Chris // Discount Store News;9/6/99, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p12
Focuses on the importance of chief branding officer in the development of a store as a brand. Overview of branding; Consistency demanded by retail branding; Need of retail brands for an advocate at every point of contact; Four areas of responsibility.