- Vilsack: It's Raining. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/13/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31324, p29
Reports that Iowa governor Tom Vilsack informed lawmakers about consequences the state might face due to its inability to balance its 2002 budget. Use of rainy-day reserve; Budget reductions introduced by the state.
- Both Sides Warned. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p43
Reports that spending cuts and tax increase may be needed to counter the Iowa legislature and governor Tom Vilsack's use of money from various state funds, according to legislator David Vaudt. Overall fiscal position of the state; Credit rating of the state; Tax increase to the balance the...
- Iowa Gov.: No Special Session. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/29/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31873, p2
Reports that Iowa's Democratic Governor Tom Vilsack will not call a legislative session despite differences between the budget he proposed and the version adopted by the Legislature. Vilsack's criticism against the effect of budget on the state's bond rating; Legislature's rejection of...
- Ag Secretary Vilsack: Farm bill passage critical to ag research. Brandon, Hembree // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/26/2013, p2
The article discusses U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack's statement during a visit at the Mississippi State University on September 25, 2013. It explains why he thinks failure to pass a farm bill in a timely manner could cause agriculture research programs to run off the tracks. Being a...
- Light Debt Ahead as Vilsack, GOP Spar Over Taxes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p39
Focuses on the proposed increase in the cigarette tax in Iowa. Importance of tax increase to generate more revenue for education; Opposition of Republicans on tax increase; Percentage increase in tax.
- Arguing Vilsack's Veto. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p27
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Republicans against the veto of an economic stimulus package of governor Tom Vilsack in Iowa. Reaction of Republicans on the budget loss assessment offered by the state agencies on improving revenue collections; Veto of Republican-sponsored proposals that reduced...
- Iowa Governor Reveals Frugal, $4.7 Billion Budget Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/22/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31308, p44
Reports on the governor of Iowa Tom Vilsack's budget plans for the fiscal year 2003. Estimated revenue growth in the budget plan; Reduction in the budget plan; Proposed bond issues by the state.
- Iowa tobacco money goes to health. // Nation's Health;Jun2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the use of all Iowa's tobacco money for health issues. Information on the state's health care budget; Remarks from Governor Tom Vilsack.
- Budget cutters need to ask who pays if government doesn't. GRIEKSPOOR, P. J. // Farmer;May2011, Vol. 129 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on a speech by U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack to the North American Agricultural Journalists annual meeting in Washington D.C., in which he commented on budget cuts.