Littlewoods sees its profits leap
- Littlewoods rolls out fashion push. // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2007, p4
The article reports that Littlewoods Direct, the mail-order company of Great Britain, is rolling out the next phase of a Â£12 million promotional campaign. The campaign has been created by WCRS. It will run on television, press and digital media.
- Littlewoods turns to social networks to boost brand identity. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;10/5/2006, p6
The article focuses on the decision of Littlewoods to enhance its brand identity through social networking. The retailer's efforts is a part of its campaign to boost its Internet business focus. The company included a 1-minute clip of a fashion show event into leading video-sharing web sites...
- In tune with fashion. Bokaie, Jemima // Marketing (00253650);3/12/2008, p24
The article profiles David Inglis, group trading director of Littlewoods Shop Direct Group, in Great Britain. Before joining Littlewoods, Inglis functioned as an executive to several firms including Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and BMG Records UK, currently Sony BMG. According to the author, Inglis'...
- Littlewoods' profits to double. // Precision Marketing;3/7/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the development of the mail order business by Littlewoods Shop Direct Group in Great Britain. It notes that the catalogue is set to double its profits from Â£25 million to Â£50 million in 2008, driven by a growth in online. The company also reported a 9% increase in...
- Littlewoods to sell stores. // Cabinet Maker;3/7/2008, Issue 5578, p33
The article presents a reprint of the article "Littlewoods to sell stores," which appeared in the March 7, 1997 issue of "Cabinet Maker." It reports on the sale of 135 Littlewoods outlets in Great Britain. The move was due, in part, to the company's need to concentrate on mail order and pool...
- Retailer cancels its catalogue operations to focus on online. // Cabinet Maker;5/15/2015, Issue 5933, p12
The article reports that fashion and home furnishings label Littlewoods has abandoned its printed catalogue operations to focus solely on the firm's online operations.
- Littlewoods plans return to advertising. // Marketing Week;11/25/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 48, p7
Reports on the decision of Littlewoods Stores to return to the above-the-line advertising in Great Britain. Views of Littlewoods marketing director Matthew Stead about advertising; Relaunch of the company's men's wear and lingerie products; Reorganization of the company's women's wear...
- BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;8/13/2004, Issue 5401, p27
Reports on the plan of Littlewoods retail chain to close its Oxford branch in England.
- Littlewoods ads in Santa Claus U-turn. Chapman, Matt // Marketing (00253650);10/31/2012, p5
The article examines mail order company Littlewoods' Christmas 2012 advertising campaign featuring Santa Claus and brand ambassador Myleene Klass and is seen as a reaction to criticism regarding the company's 2011 Christmas advertisements, which implied that Santa Claus did not exist.