Texas Hospitals Set for U.S. Funding Boost, But Questions Remain
- Provider payment relief threatened. // AHA News;10/7/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the Beneficiary Access to Care and Medicare Equity legislation. Support given by the American Hospital Association to the bill; Importance of passing the legislation; Provisions in the legislation which offers relief to hospitals.
- Medicare savings could exact high price from patients. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;3/27/95, Vol. 31 Issue 13, p1
Reports on concerns by government officials and hospitals on a budget-cutting plan of lawmakers for Medicare. Overpayment recommendation for hospital services; Impact on hospitals' finances; Inconvenience and financial burden caused by legislative proposals.
- Small towns lose in payment changes. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p18
Reports that rural communities will lose their hospitals and local businesses if Republican legislators push through with their Medicare and Medicaid reform plans. Democrats' response to the Medicare Preservation Act of 1995; Comments from Representative Dick Durbin.
- Effects of Medicare BBA Spending Reductions on the Profitability of General Acute Care Hospitals. Sear, Alan M. // Journal of Healthcare Management;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p119
The Balanced Budget Act of 1997 was intended to reduce spending by about $115 billion from the Medicare Hospital Insurance trust fund over a five-year period. Several studies were funded by the hospital industry that indicated that the actual reductions would be far greater than $115 billion and...
- Now it's the Senate's turn. // AHA News;7/1/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p4
Editorial. Calls for the U.S. Senate to improve a Medicare drug legislation proposed by the House of Representatives in 2002. Budget for hospitals' Medicare payments over ten years under the legislation; Ways in which the Senate can improve the legislation; Importance of Medicare and Medicaid...
- Providers get help in caring. Pollack, Rick // Modern Healthcare;12/22/2003-12/29/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p22
Discusses the effects of the Medicare bill in the U.S. Benefits of the bill for patients; Information on the financial status of hospitals; Significance of the bill to teaching hospitals.
- House passes prescription drug bill adding $14.3 billion for hospitals. Brown, Steve // AHA News;7/1/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the passage of the U.S. Medicare Modernization and Prescription Drug Act of 2002 to improve payments for hospitals. Budget allotted for the legislation for ten years; Significance of the legislation to rural hospitals; Components of the bill that affect hospitals.
- Tell Senate to pass S. 3018. // AHA News;10/7/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 39, p4
Editorial. Calls for the passing of the Beneficiary Access to Care and Medicare Equity Act. Background of the legislation; Aim of the bill.
- Financial officals from Texas not-for-profit hospitals. // Bond Buyer;5/24/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31890, Special section p2
Presents a roundtable discussion on the utilization of the municipal bond market by non-profit hospitals in Texas. Financial impact of the Medicare Prescription Drug Act; Capital programs of hospitals; Financing of technology-based solutions adopted by the hospital.