M&S vows to slash discounting-by 2007
- Home sales: M&S' best performer. // Cabinet Maker;5/22/2009, Issue 5638, p6
The article reports on the home sales acceleration of Marks & Spencer by 11% in Great Britain as of March 28, 2009. It mentions that the company is the only firm in the country that has a positive sales output in the country. Sir Stuart Rose, chairman of the M&S, mentions the improvement of...
- Pleasing performance for M&S. // Cabinet Maker;10/9/2009, Issue 5658, p7
The article reports on the sales condition of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in terms of home furnishings in Great Britain. It notes that the company depicted an increase in group and total sales in the country during its second quarter trading results. It stresses that in the 13 weeks ending...
- Home sales up at M&S. // Cabinet Maker;7/19/2002, Issue 5296, p3
Reports on the increase in the sales of Marks & Spencer's homewares, including furniture, in July 2002. Changes in the role of the company's top executives.
- Top marks for ordering. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p50
The article reviews the website marks and spencer, "www.marksandspencer.co.uk," from Marks & Spencer Group PLC.
- M & S homeware sales up 3.6%. // Cabinet Maker;5/23/2008, Issue 5587, p35
The article offers information on the article published in the May 18, 1990 issue of "Cabinet Maker," entitled "M&S Homeware Sales Up 3.6%." It talks about the sales performance of Marks & Spencer's homeware division. Turnover for the division as only 3.6% ahead to Â£535.1 million from...
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;4/2/2004, Issue 5382, p5
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture industry in Great Britain, compiled as of April 2004. Sales performance of Marks & Spencer; Financial performance of Allders; Opening of Ultra, a showroom to independent retailers.
- Repositioning hits M&S sales. // Cabinet Maker;4/23/2004, Issue 5385, p5
Reports on the decline in the sales volume of Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. Need for improvement in the appeal of products; Financial performance of the Gateshead Lifestyle store; Consequence from repositioning the homeware offer.
- Furnishing leads M&S growth. // Cabinet Maker;11/16/2007, Issue 5564, p34
The article presents a reprint of the article "Furnishing leads M&S growth," which appeared in the November 8, 1996 issue of "Cabinet Maker." It details the financial and sales performance of furniture and furnishings at Marks & Spencer Group PLC in Great Britain. For instance, the company's...
- Double figure gains in furniture sector. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;01/19/2001, Issue 5221, p6
Reports on the gains posted by the furniture industry in Great Britain. Gains by Marks & Spencer PLC on a buying spree by investment fund in the United States; Oversupply in shares prior to a trading update.