Maryland Budget's Final Approval Far From Guaranteed
- Oh my, Darling, this is a mixed bag for travel. Burnham, Andrew // Travel Weekly (UK);4/24/2009, p7
In this article, the author discusses the impact that the 2009 budget of Great Britain will have on the travel industry. It states that the three-year loss carry-back rule has brought some comfort to the business community as it allows businesses to claim back their tax. It notes, however,...
- Revenue-sharing, tax penalties are among state budget targets. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;2/17/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
Focuses on the provisions of budget in Michigan for the fiscal year 2003. Decrease in revenue sharing; Penalties for employers who fail to remit income tax; Implementation of tax laws; Other provisions of the budget.
- Highlights of the New Tax Act. Sweeney, Patricia J. // ABA Journal;Nov84, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p76
Discusses changes in the United States federal income taxation brought about by the Deficit Reduction Act of 1984. Shortened holding period for long-term capital gains; Depreciation deductions for real property, automobiles and home computers; Below-market interest rate loans; Property...
- GIBRALTAR. // Accountancy;Apr1968, Vol. 79 Issue 896, p260
Presents the provisions of the income tax ordinance of 1968 in Gibraltar. Rates of tax; Personal allowances.
- Tax base goes `worldwide'. // Finance Week;03/03/2000, p33
Reports on the amendment of taxation laws in South Africa to enable the worldwide tax base to take effect in the country. Alternative approaches to income tax; Example of how a foreign resident working for a non-South African company in another country will be taxed.
- Use this magic to shrink income and get more of the new tax breaks. Kristof, Kathy // Money;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p41
Discusses how the Taxpayer Relief Act in 1997 helps to reduce your taxable income to cut your tax. If your income tops the $75,000-to-$110,00 ceilings for the tax break; Case study of a two-income couple earning a total of $113,000 and the three tax breaks that they are losing out on in 1998 by...
- Internal Revenue Code amended. // Caribbean Business;7/18/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p19
Reports on the amendment to the Puerto Rico Internal Revenue Code of 1994. Minimum income tax from payments made to corporations and partnerships for services rendered.
- Designer provincial income tax. B.M. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/22/97, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Reports that in December 1997 the Canadian government accepted a proposal that will allow the province to establish its own provincial tax system. Taxes currently paid by citizens of Alberta; Possible tax break for Albertans; Percentages; Problems with the new system; Comments.
- July 1998 new tax reforms take effect. // International Insurance Monitor;1998 3rd Quarter, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p26
Summarizes existing tax legislation in Italy as well as the new tax legislation resulting from those reforms which will take effect on July 1, 1998. Income tax; Transfer tax; Capital gains tax.