Milan offers food for thought in design
- Casual furniture assn. expands award program. // Furniture/Today;4/1/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p50
Reports on the Summer & Casual Furniture Manufacturers Association's addition of a shade products category to its annual Design Excellence Awards program. Revision of the judging criteria; Product categories in the awards program; Recognition of innovation and creative product designs in the...
- Orgatec 2006. // Contract;Dec2006, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p60
The article features products presented at the Oragtec 2006, Europe's semi-annual offifce furniture show. They include the Scoop chair designed by Denis Satachiara for Steelmobil, Ceoo casegoods for the executive office designed by EOOS, Jo-Lie and Jo-Bim seating series designed by Roberto...
- Casual market convenes in Chicago. // Furniture/Today;9/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p9
Highlights the International Casual Furniture & Accessories Market trade show in Chicago, Illinois. Sponsor of the event; Features of the Event; Winners of the Casual Furniture Design Excellence Awards.
- Fresh Fare. // Interior Design;Jul2001, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p114
Features furniture exhibited at the 2001 International Contemporary Furniture Fair held at New York City's Jacob Javits Center. Giig & Iggi's set of nesting tables; Arvid's three-legged stool; Angela Adam's cotton/linen, handpainted fabrics.
- market. // Interior Design;Jul2001, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p116
Features furniture exhibited at the 2001 International Contemporary Furniture Fair held at New York City's Jacob Javits Center. Tribeca Design Collective Dune's products; Cortina Leather's brand of leather products; Tile paintings of Emmett Kerrigan; Carnegie's Xorel Surfaces.
- Major market gains status in just 2 years. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p22
Focuses on the Salao do Movel Brasil furniture exhibition in Brazil. Show organizers' plans of expanding coverage into Europe and North America; Comparison of the total number of attendees in the 2001 and 2000 event; Importance of the exhibition for the Brazilian furniture industry.
- Styles range from sober simplicity to colorful curves. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p24
Reports on the holding of the 2001 Scandinavian Furniture Fair in Copenhagen, Denmark. Highlights of the exhibition; Features of products to be exhibited; Industry trends highlighted during the exhibition.
- Reflections on the Top 25 producers. Sloan, Carole // Furniture/Today;05/14/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p27
Discusses trends within the United States furniture industry, as reflected in the ranking of the top furniture producers in the country. Question of what future consolidations will bring forth for the furniture industry; Intended purpose of holding the 2001 International Contemporary Furniture...
- San Fran mirrors economy . Evans, Gary; Gunin, Joan; Linville, Jeff; Perry, Dave; Slaughter, Powell // Furniture/Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the optimism of furniture exhibitors at the outcome of the 2001 summer market in San Francisco, California. Increase of orders for furniture with the stability of the economy; Attraction of the interest of consumers with showroom improvements; Promotion of the merchandise to increase...