Fitch Takes Detroit Medical Center Off Watch List
- OmniCare debt parrt of DMC's $46M loss. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;11/26/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p3
Reports the loss of the Detroit Medical Center in Michigan. Attribution of losses to operating glitches and bad debt to OmniCare Health Plan; Impact of low patient volume on the academic medical system; Assumption of uncompensated care.
- DMC closer to erasing sea of red ink. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;05/29/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
Provides an overview on the financial performance of Detroit Medical Center (DMC), an academic medical center based in Detroit, Michigan, for the quarter ending March 31, 2000. Operating loss; Financial problems of the Sinai-Grace Hospital of DMC; Failure of the Harper-Hutzel meet the budget...
- GEORGIA. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/4/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33889, p7
The article reports that DeKalb Medical Center in Georgia was given a negative BBB bond credit rating by financial services firm Fitch Ratings Ltd. due to expected decline in operating cash flow.
- Detroit Medical Center Dropped to B by Fitch. // Bond Buyer;7/03/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31670, p2
Reports that U.S.-based ratings agency Fitch Ratings Inc. has downgraded multi-million outstanding revenue bonds of Detroit Medical Center Inc. Reason behind the downgrade of bonds ratings; Impact of the downgrade of bond ratings on market status of Detroit Medical Center.
- Fitch Gets Negative On Detroit Medical Center. // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p2
Reports that Fitch Ratings Inc. has placed approximately 569 million dollars of Detroit Medical Center Inc.'s (DMC) B-rated bonds on Rating Watch Negative. Reasons for the action; Agreement entered into by DMC and the state of Michigan, Wayne County, and Detroit in October 2003.
- AHERF-like symptoms. Jaklevic, Mary Chris // Modern Healthcare;12/07/98, Vol. 28 Issue 49, p22
Focuses on the plunge in the financial projections of Detroit Medical Center in November 1998. Market factors affecting Detroit Medical; Distinctions between Detroit Medical Center and the Allegheny Health, Education and Research Foundation (AHERF); Views of Detroit Medical Chief Executive...
- News at deadline. // Modern Healthcare;04/26/99, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p4
Presents news briefs on health care in the United States as of April 1999. Delay in the settlement between MedPartners of Birmingham, Alabama, and its creditors; Loss posted by Detroit Medical Center in 1998; Healthcare property acquisition of Lillibridge Health Trust.
- CORRECTIONS. // Crain's Detroit Business;3/9/2015, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p0002
A correction to the article "Approaching funding cuts threaten federally qualified health centers" that was published in the March 2, 2015 issue is presented.
- Detroit Medical Center Starts Work on Major Capital Program. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/5/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33445, p4
The article reports on the launching of the 850 million U.S. dollar capital program by the new owners of the Detroit Medical Center in Detroit, Michigan.