More Deeside uncertainty
- The rise of faux suede. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/11/2005, Issue 5429, p18
Reports on the rise of the demand of faux suede in Great Britain. Evolution of stain protection applied during production of upholstery fabric to keep up with the demand; Factor affecting the preference of consumers for faux suede; Ease of maintaining the microsuede.
- Show me the money! // Furniture/Today;4/19/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p1
Reports on the demand for furniture in the U.S. Influence of some factors on the demand; Concern of the furniture industry on several issues; Preparations made by manufacturers.
- Factory orders up 2% in January. // Furniture/Today;3/25/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p44
Focuses on the survey on the furniture factory orders in January by BDO Seidman in the U.S. Percentage of increased orders; Decline of the shipment of goods; Instability of furniture industry.
- Europe flexible polyols prices flat in October. FINCH, HEIDI // ICIS Chemical Business;11/5/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 12, p20
The article focuses on the contract prices of flexible polyol in Europe in October 2013. It states that the ongoing soft macroeconomic conditions has resulted to the reasonable demand for flexible polyols in the furniture and downstream bedding sectors. It says that there were signs of...
- Forty Years of Hardwood Lumber Consumption: 1963 to 2002. Luppold, William; Bumgardner, Matthew // Forest Products Journal;May2008, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p7
An analysis of hardwood lumber consumption found that demand has changed dramatically over the past four decades as a result of material substitution, changes in construction and remodeling product markets, and globalization. In 1963 furniture producers consumed 36 percent of the hardwood lumber...
- Christmas buying trends. Rudd, Laurie // Casual Living;Jul2010, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the challenging aspects of creating a successful holiday/Christmas section in the casual retail business. Jeff Connit of Today's Patio said the most challenging aspect is merchandise commitments need to be accomplished by the end of April. It was said that the quantity of...
- CROSSING THE POND. Kaiser, Jo-Ann // Wood & Wood Products;Oct2006, Vol. 111 Issue 11, p41
The article discusses the increase in demand of European beech in the furniture industry in the U.S. The increasing demand for beech woods is came after many furniture makers prefer using beech woods in making furniture and cabinetry because it suits with all sorts of styles. Beech has been...
- Another slap for furniture. Pamben, Deven // Cabinet Maker;5/11/2007, Issue 5537, p10
The article reports on the implications of approved mortgages towards the relaxed furniture market in Great Britain. As revealed by the Bank of England (BoE), the number of mortgages approved has fallen to its lowest level and the region's housing market is cooling in response to interest rate...
- Product development helps HON combat downturn. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;9/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p50
Reports that the HON Co. has introduced more products to stimulate the market demand for furniture products in the U.S. Merchandising initiatives of the company; Operations of small and medium-sized businesses; Impact of recession on the industry.