With Virginia on Watch List, Moody's won't Set Deadline
- Connecticut Makes Quick Return To Market With $265M GO Sale. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31629, p4
Only three weeks after its last sale, Connecticut is back in the market in the first week of May 2003 with 265 million dollars of fixed-rate general obligation bonds. Though the state was in the market in mid-April 2003 with 372 million dollars of general obligations (GO), assistant treasurer...
- Moody's: Expect More State Shakedowns of HFAs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/9/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31611, p32
After extracting more than $500 million from U.S. state housing finance agencies (HFA) in 2002, states who are short of funds are planning to take about $365 million in new raids on agencies this year to help close projected budget gaps, and the new raids may lead to HFA rating downgrades, says...
- Moody's Knocks Down California's Outlook. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p1
Moody's Investors Service Inc. revised the outlook on its A2 rating for California's general obligation (GO) bonds to negative from stable on June 25, 2003. The outlook change, which affects $34 billion in debt issued by the state, comes as the state sells $1.7 billion in GO in...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily; Albanse, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/3/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32003, p2
The article presents information on topics related to financial deals and developments in the United States. Colorado Governor, Bill Owens on November 1, 2004 submitted a proposed 5.7 billion dollars budget for fiscal 2005 to lawmakers. The 5.7 billion dollars number includes only state...
- Moody's Upgrades Flint, Mich.'s $7.4 Million of Debt. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/20/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32053, p6
Reports on the improvement of the debt of Flint, Michigan by Moody's Investors Service. Increase of the rating on unlimited-tax general obligation; Reflection of the stability in the budget; Use of the proceeds from the sale of financial recovery general obligation bonds to shore up the 2005 budget.
- Moody's Puts P.R. On Notice. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;5/4/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33511, p1
The article reports on the potential credit rating downgrade faced by Puerto Rico according to Moody's Investors Service Inc. in 2011. It mentions the 28 billion dollars of outstanding Puerto Rico debt placed by Moody's on watchlist for possible downgrade as higher retirement fund contributions...
- Richmond, Calif., Fights Back After Junk Downgrade. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;8/14/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F331, p23
The article reports on the response by Richmond, California officials and bond counsel to a three-notch downgrade by Moody's Investors Service on August 4, 2015, bringing the city's implied general obligation (GO) rating to Ba1 or junk. It recalls that the ratings agency already downgraded the...
- Moody's: Fiscal Cliff Failure Could Trigger U.S. Downgrade. DEPAUL, JENNIFER // Bond Buyer;11/13/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33812, p3
The article discusses a report released by Moody's Investors Service Inc. regarding its warning for assigning downgrade to the U.S. government to Aa1 from Aaa negative if the government gets failed to develop policies regarding debt stabilization and ultimately reduction.
- VIRGINIA BRIEFS. // Washington Informer;8/15/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 44, p15
The article offers news briefs for Virginia including the upgradation of the Alexandria's credit rating outlook from negative to stable by Moody's Investors Service Inc. on July 18, 2013, and the approval of the FY 2014 budget by the City Council of Alexandria on May 6, 2013.