Illinois' Big Borrowing
- Enough is enough. Berry, Mike // Publican's Morning Advertiser;3/7/2013, Issue 92, p1
The article offers information that according to the findings from the British Beer & Pub Association's Budget, beer taxes in Great Britain have increased to 50 percent in past five years and reached at unprecedented levels.
- Testing the Swap Waters. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/22/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31745, p1
Reports on the sale of the fixed-rate general obligation bonds of Illinois. Addition of tax-exempt debt portfolio; Reliance on traditional fixed-rate bonds and sales-tax to raise funds for the capital budget; Utilization of derivative products; Mechanism to lower interest rate.
- Recent Changes in Tax Law and Uncertainties in Capital Budgeting Decisions. Hoffman, Michael J.R.; Hartman, Bart P. // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p12
Focuses on the impact of changes in tax laws and uncertainties on the capital budgeting decisions in the United States. Provisions of the Tax Reform Act (TRA) of 1984; Effects of the TRA 84 on section 1231 of the Internal Revenue Code; Types of deferral techniques.
- TAX FILE: New highway taxes escape federal budget. Simonson, Ken // Fleet Owner;Mar2003, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the absence of budget proposal for the increase of highway taxes for 2003 in the U.S. Balance of Highway Trust Fund; Adoption of gasohol and spend-down proposals; Implementation of highway reauthorization bill.
- Voters approve 3 sales tax proposals. Korando, Russell // Wentzville Journal;8/15/2012, Vol. 50 Issue 33, pA2
The article reports that St. Charles County, Missouri voters approved sales tax propositions during the August 7 , 2012 election including half-cent transportation taxes, a tax increase for the parks and storm water improvement, and Proposition R which extends county tax from 2016 to 2026.
- Counties to seek sales tax expansion for roads. Arcamonte // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/16/99, Issue 322500, p1
Reports on legislative proposal in California seeking the expansion of the sales tax for transportation. Provisions of the Senate Constitutional Amendment 3; Voter approval requirement to pass the bill; Agencies supporting the bill.
- SANDAG Holds Hearings on Tax for Transport. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/6/2016, p1
The San Diego Association of Governments is holding public hearings to gauge public sentiment on a half-cent sales tax for transportation.
- Compromise gives capital final budget at Â£2.45bn. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;02/15/2002, p7
Reports the agreement of mayor Ken Livingstone on compromise settlement of transport network for the final budget of London, England. Increase of average Band D council tax; Effect on agreement on police force; Impact of settlement on bus services and transport policing unit.
- Taxes and the Timing of Corporate Capital Expenditures. Kinney, Michael; Trezevant, Robert H. // Journal of the American Taxation Association;Fall93, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p40
Firms maximize the present value of their investment-related tax shields if capital investments that can be flexibly timed around the turn of the tax year are placed in service in the fourth quarter of the current year rather than in the first quarter of the following year. Thus, it is...