UConn plays big role in professional training
- VITAL, a curriculum in violence prevention for a medical school. Campbell, Brendan T.; Segal, Samantha // Public Health Reports;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p199
Offers an abstract for a program that would increase physician awareness about violence intervention that would begin this education process in medical school. Development of a violence prevention program specifically for medical students at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine; How...
- Research is helping predict long-term care risk. Ruddock, Joyce // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/29/94, Vol. 98 Issue 35, p11
Highlights the research conducted at the Travelers Center on Aging. Establishment of the Center by Travelers Insurance Co. and the University of Connecticut; Health care costs for the aged; Need to improve the health and function of health care; Health impact of exercise on older adults.
- Aggressive treatment of low grade prostate cancer is unnecessary. Mayor, Susan // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/7/2005, Vol. 330 Issue 7499, p1042
Looks at a study showing that aggressive treatment of localized low grade prostate cancer is inappropriate. Statistics related to the study; Comments regarding the study from Peter Albertsen, professor and chief of urology at the University of Connecticut Health Center; Albertsen's view that men...
- Aetna Retirement Services tests client self-service. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Mar1997, Vol. 97 Issue 11, p101
Reports on Aetna Retirement Services' testing of a customer self-service Internet site at the University of Connecticut which allow retirement-plan participants to directly access account information and other services.
- In case you haven't heard... // Primary Care Weekly;1/15/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Reports that schools such as Yale School of Medicine and the University of Connecticut say they have enough cadavers to get by. Comments from Alan Mermann, 72, a Yale medical professor.
- Developers eye for-profit dorm near Stamford UConn campus. Fleischer, Jo // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/6/95, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p1
States that Stamford's new downtown University of Connecticut campus would not a privately run football team or a for-profit marching band when it opens. Year; Plans; Rent; Builders.
- UConn offers certificate program in non-profit management. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/4/95, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p14
Reports on a non-profit management program offered by the University of Connecticut at Storrs. Who created the program; When courses are scheduled; Program instructors; What the program combines.
- UConn MBA program feeds on the executive's drive and... Fitzpatrick, Doreen D. // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the University of Connecticut executive Master of Business Administration program which was creates for working executives in the private, public and not-for-profit sector. Participants requirements; Way the program is designed; Its Similarity to benchmarking; Amount of credits...
- UConn system makes students' signup painless. // Communications News;Feb97, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on interactive voice system that helps students register easily at the University of Connecticut at Storrs .