- Primary market supply cannot keep up with demand for munis. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p2
Focuses on the closing prices of municipal bonds at the end of trading day in the United States on January 26, 1999. Increase demand for tax-exempt bonds; Stability of municipal bonds as a result of steady performance of Treasury bonds.
- Bond buyer indexes hit levels not seen since February 1996. Kruger, Daniel; Lim, Yong // Bond Buyer;07/11/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30185, p1
Announces a downtrend in municipal bond yields in the week ended July 11, 1997 to lows previously seen in February 1996, due to the strength of the Treasury market rally and a supply of underwhelming tax-exempts. Strength of the fixed-income market; Declines posted by the 20-bond general...
- Market Statistics. // Bond Buyer;6/20/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32406, p29
Several charts are presented featuring the municipal bond index, municipal bond prices, reoffering yields, new-issue balances, and short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.
- Around $1.0 Billion on Tap as Volatility Shifts to Stability. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/13/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33431, p7
The article reports that more than 10 billion dollars worth of new volume of municipal bond is expected as the prices stables in the U.S. Ipreo LLC and the newspaper "The Bond Buyer" state that these volume includes a 1.4 billion dollar utility financing and a 1 billion dollar New York City tax...
- Most Weekly Indexes Decline as Munis Follow Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/19/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32737, p7
The article reports on municipal bond yields for the week ending October 18, 2007 in the U.S. During the week, most of the weekly yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" dropped as municipal bonds followed Treasuries. The market was unchanged on October 12 as economic data came in mixed, while...
- Munis 'Feeling a Bit Better' At Last. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/25/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32926, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bonds in the U.S. It states that the municipal market was slightly firmer and tax-exempt yields were lower by about three or four basis points. It adds that Merrill Lynch & Co. priced $234 million of taxable and tax-exempt bonds for the...
- Tax-Exempts Chase Treasuries Amid the Quiet. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;12/20/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33635, p2
The article offers information on the bond and securities market as of December 20, 2011. It says that the treasuries and tax-exempt mortgage bonds market volume have increased and the 10-year municipal bonds yield decreased to 1.92% on December 19, 2011. Meanwhile, J. P. Morgan Chase and Co....
- Munis Back Up Amid Supply. McGee, Patrick // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/25/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that municipal bond prices backed up as the municipal market struggled to digest new supply. It says that the tax-exempt yields increased by six basis points, as well as the benchmark 10-year tax-exempt municipal bond by five basis points. It states that the give-back in...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, February 23. // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p2
The article presents statistical data on economic indicators. Some of the indicators are consumer price index, government securities prices, municipal bond index, and others.