Parks and Research
- Maryland: Residents Move With New Mile Markers. // Parks & Recreation;Sep2004, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p139
Provides information on the Heart Smart Trail Project, sponsored by the Maryland National Park and Planning Commission and Montgomery County, Maryland to inspire residents to get out and walk. Objectives of the project; Information on the Heart Smart Trail mile markers at Brookside Gardens;...
- BRIEFS. // Washington Informer;7/26/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p13
The article offers news briefs in the Prince George's County, Maryland. TheBus is offering a free ride to senior citizens and disabled customers from six in the morning to seven in the evening. The Prince George's County Public Schools (PGCPS) will join nine other school districts to address...
- Notable News. // Parks & Recreation;Dec2014, Vol. 49 Issue 12, p14
The article presents obituaries for John "Jack" Hewitt, former executive director of the Maryland National Capital Park & Planning Commission (M-NCPPC), and Tony Langoni, former park and recreation professional.
- N.Y. County IDA Selling $117M to Fund CCRC. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;10/15/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32733, p1
The article reports that the Ulster County Industrial Development in New York has released $117.1 million worth of bonds in behalf of Kingston Regional Senior Living Corp. The decision is conceived in order to finance a continuing care retirement community (CCRC), which is set to open in 2009....
- Losses Continue Amid Soft Primary. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;1/31/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33854, p2
In this article, the author offers information on the status of the U.S. tax-exempt bond market in the last week of January 2013. She mentions that the market has faced losses into the third session of the week due to left over balances and limited trading. According to Dan Toboja, vice...
- Buyers Getting Some Relief With $58M Nevada CCRC Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/8/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32025, p6
The article focuses on Ziegler Capital Markets Inc. which will price the first piece of a $57.7 million nonrated bond deal to finance the Las Ventanas Retirement Community, Nevada's first continuing-care retirement community, bringing some relief to the supply-starved high-yield market. The...
- Second Chance Wildlife's Turn at a New Start. // Journal of Wildlife Rehabilitation;2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that Second Wildlife is focused on relocating its office in Columbia, South Carolina. It offers information on the Maryland-National Capital Park and Planning Commission (M-NCPPC) who will help Second Wildlife in relocation of facility. It focuses on the licensing...
- Frederick Selling $125M. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/5/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31856, p33
Reports on the competitive sale of bonds planned by Frederick Country, Maryland on April 7, 2004. Advance refunding bonds and new-money issuance to fund school projects; Davenport & Co. as financial adviser and Venable LLP as bond counsel.
- Unrated Averett. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;7/12/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31179, p22
Announces the release of the descriptive report on revenue bonds by Fitch Inc. in Virginia. Issuance of the revenue bonds by Danville Industrial Development Authority; Insurance of the bonds by Davenport & Co.; Views of Jason F. Dickerson, director of Fitch Inc. on bonds negotiation.