DEFAC's Ups & Downs
- Delaware Officials Start on 2005 Budget. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;6/8/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31900, p4
Reports that the Bond Bill Committee of Delaware will start work on the state's capital budget for fiscal 2005. Rise in revenues from abandoned property; Budget proposal by Governor Ruth Ann Minner; Debt service on outstanding bonds.
- State Property Grabs May Cause Havoc with Your Balance Sheet. Dean, J. Gary // Pennsylvania CPA Journal;Spring2004, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p1
In 2003, Delaware balanced its state budget when two companies unexpectedly paid more than $50 million in unclaimed property to the state. In fiscal 2002, Pennsylvania collected about $74 million in similar resources. In fiscal 2003, the amount grew to $300 million. States in total are believed...
- Old laws, new revenue. Kruger // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the impact of laws governing unclaimed property on revenues in the United States. Turnover of unclaimed properties to the state treasury; Complication in the law compliance of corporate treasurers; Problem of J.C. Penney Co. on catalog purchases; Use of a software by Freedom Group to...
- Delaware Raises 2003 Revenue Estimates to the Tune of $50.7M. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31641, p40
Led by a recent increase in estate tax income, Delaware raised its revenue estimates for the fiscal year of 2003 by 50.7 million dollar since its most recent fiscal evaluation in April 2003. With the additional receipts, the Delaware Economic and Financial Advisory Council, which formally...
- NEWS: BUDGET 2004. // Money Marketing;3/18/2004, p5
Presents news briefs related to budget in Great Britain as of March 18, 2004. Inheritance tax threshold; Proposed income tax charge on pre-owned assets; Stamp duty.
- TECHNICAL CONNECTION BUDGET COMMENTARY. Woolley, John // Money Marketing;3/23/2006, p5
The article presents several measures which the British government must consider in its proposed national budget. The measures include the continuation of venture capital trusts, the confirmation that there will be no immediate changes to the Isa rules and contribution limits, and the...
- Unclaimed assets keep state officials busy. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;12/2/96, Vol. 6 Issue 36, p1
Studies the policy for unclaimed funds by the Arizona Department of Revenue. Turning over to the state after appropriate holding period; Items classified under unclaimed property; Time frame of holding periods; Efforts of state to locate owners.
- Forcing nonresidents to pay estate taxes. Ludgin, David A. // njbiz;5/3/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p13
The article opines that it would be fair to require nonresidents of New Jersey to pay estate taxes in light of the state's budget cap.
- State gets creative in revenue search. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;02/25/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on the sources of state revenue in the United States. Average annual return; Elimination of federal estate taxes; Views of Governor George Ryan on spending plan.