New DOT Chief
- End of the road for Route 7 extension? Strempel, Dan // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p1
Relates that Connecticut's Department of Transportation (DOT) and Governor John G. Rowland has decided to forego the extension of Route 7. Blueprint for improvements in the Route 7 corridor; Questions regarding the feasibility of undertaking such improvements; Reason given by the DOT for...
- Quote of the week. Gizzi, John // Human Events;03/29/97, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p284
Presents a quotation from Connecticut Governor John Rowland comparing the stiffness of Republican presidential candidate Bob Dole and Vice President Al Gore.
- Connecticut, Guarding Its Ratings, Plans 'Lean' Bonding Mainly for Education. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;3/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31593, p4
Reports on the efforts of Connecticut governor John C. Rowland to limit the amount of debt that the state issues each year. Proposed amount of general obligations (GOs) bonds to be issued; Amount of GOs issued in 2001-2002; Ratings of the state by some credit rating companies.
- Connecticut's Rowland Calls for Bettering Education, Urban Centers. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/04/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31050, p4
Reports on the plan of Connecticut Governor John Rowland to use the state's budget surplus to support schools and urban renewal. Recession and self-defeating attitude in Connecticut; Praise given to the bipartisanship.
- Insurance And Financial Services Added To Connecticut 'Cluster' Program to Enhance Growth, Competitiveness. // Insurance Advocate;11/4/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 42, p22
Announces the formation of the Insurance and Financial Services industry cluster by governor John G. Rowland in Connecticut. Value given to the leadership within the insurance industry; Number of clusters formed in the state; Improvement in the competitiveness of business.
- After Long, Pitched Battle, Connecticut Settles on Budget. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p4
Reports on the two-year budget signed by Connecticut Governor John Rowland. Estimated budget surplus by the end of fiscal 2001; Programs that the budget will create.
- Ex-Gov. Rowland Gets New Post in Connecticut. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/29/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32804, p5
The article announces that Connecticut Governor John G. Rowland was hired as economic development consultant for Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Conn. Gov. Rowland Vetoes Budget, Again. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/6/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31651, p2
Connecticut governor John Rowland issued his second veto of the budget on June 5, 2003, forcing lawmakers into special session to craft next year's budget before the close of the fiscal year. In addition, Rowland promoted his own $13.5 billion budget proposal, which was introduced in...
- Connecticut Budget Talks Continue, But Fiscal 2004 May Arrive Too Soon. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p41
Though the acrimony surrounding budget negotiations has eased somewhat between Democrats and Republicans in the Connecticut state government, officials have begun to realize that fiscal 2004 may begin before they can agree on an operating budget. While governor John Rowland and legislative...