San Francisco Area Transit Districts Going to Mediation Over Deficit Dispute
- Pittsburgh Not a Likely Candidate for Act 47 Help, Official Says. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p28
Reports on the disqualification of Pittsburgh for filing as a distressed community under a Pennsylvania statute Act 47. Solicitation for bankruptcy protection; Decline of the general obligation bond rating; Occurrence of budget deficits.
- Warning for California. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p1
Focuses on the economic condition of bond rating in California. Indication of budget deficit; Market resistance to short-term debt; Fund for the current budget gap.
- Moody's, Citing Progress, Is No Longer Negative on Nassau. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/10/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30928, p4
Reports on the removal of the negative outlook from Nassau County, New York's bond rating. State intervention to address the county's structural budget deficits; Progress towards fiscal balance.
- TENNESSEE: Slip-Sliding Away. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p29
Reports that state comptroller John Morgan has warned legislators that Tennessee could face another decrease in its bond rating if the state do not take action to resolve budget deficits. Reasons why officials are seeking bond insurance after the state sold $160 million of general obligation...
- City's bond rating in jeopardy. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;5/31/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p1
Forecasts the decline of the existing bond rating of the city of Tucson, Arizona and its implications for economic development. Existing credit rating; Revenue from taxation; Implications for increased interest rates on bonds and increased budget deficit.
- Raters: California Shouldn't Use Gimmicks to Fix Gaps. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;5/17/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33716, p1
The article reports on the issue facing California in relation to its estimated 16 billion dollars budget gap, of which bond credit rating companies warned that lawmakers should stop using gimmicks to try to fix the state's budget deficit.
- City's better bond rating a signal of new approach. Read, Paul // Journal of Business (10756124);1/27/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pA4
Comments on the issue concerning the upgrade of bond ratings in Spokane, Washington. Total cost of the street-repair program of the city; Assumption regarding the major change in city budgeting; Financial problems of the city.
- Fitch Warns Wisconsin of Possible Downgrade on $4B of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/27/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31802, p3
Fitch Ratings Inc. warned Wisconsin on March 26, 2003 that its credit on 4 billion dollars of general obligation debt faces a downgrade because the state's proposed budget relies on more than 1 billion dollars of one-time revenue gains and optimistic revenue growth that would require a strong...
- Fitch Lowers Lutheran Social Services After Texas Budget Cuts. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p3
Reports that Dallas, Texas-based securities rating agency, Fitch Ratings, on August 28, 2003 downgraded 12 million dollars of bonds issued on behalf of Lutheran Social Services of the South (LSSS), four notches to B-minus from BB after the agency's already-tenuous bottom-line was hit to the tune...