Oklahoma Governor Facing Scaled-Down $5.3B Budget
- Bills Advance in Oklahoma Showdown; Governor Vows Veto. Watt, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32607, p36
The article reports on the series of fiscal 2008 state agency budget bills passed by the Senate in Oklahoma. Governor Brad Henry had promised to veto the bills which allocate the same amounts the governor requested earlier in his executive budget. Lawmakers said that they adopted Henry's...
- DELINEATING THE POWER OF THE GOVERNOR AND THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY WITH RESPECT TO APPROPRIATIONS IN PENNSYLVANIA: AN ANALYSIS OF JUBELIRER V. RENDELL. Santo, Nicole M. // Widener Law Journal;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p421
This article examines the power of the governor in Pennsylvania to delete portions of an appropriation bill that define funding terms without vetoing the actual monetary figure that accompanies the language. A simplified process of constitutional construction is presented that clearly outlined...
- Wisconsin Attorney General Backs Doyle Vetoes; GOP Weighs Legal Action. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32197, p5
Reports on the plan of Wisconsin Republican legislators to consider a legal challenge to Governor Jim Doyle's use of vetoes on the fiscal budget for 2006 and 2007. Request of legislators for attorney general Peg Lautenschlager of a review on the actions of Doyle; Declaration of the attorney...
- Breaking State and Local Developments. Allen, Rick; Baehman, Jay; Cahill, Nathan; Larson, Andy; Schenkelberg, William D.; Sutton, Giles; Yesnowitz, Jamie C. // Journal of State Taxation;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p37
The article reports on the state and local legislations in the U.S. Governor James Doyle signs the Wisconsin budget bill into law including the various income and sales tax changes for the 200-2011 budget in Wisconsin. Governor Brad Henry signs the income tax law that requires federal income tax...
- How to succeed at increasing spending without really trying: The balanced budget amendment .... Gabel, Matthew J.; Hager, Gregory L. // Public Choice;Jan2000, Vol. 102 Issue 1/2, p19
Focuses on the proposed line-item veto and balanced budget amendment for pork-barrel spending in the United States. Importance of line item veto; Role of the president in vetoing a bill; Proposals of institutional reforms.
- A line-item veto may be in president Clinton's future: McLaughlin, Abraham T.; Bandrapalli, Suman // Christian Science Monitor;11/10/95, Vol. 87 Issue 243, p2
Reports on the likely emergence of a consensus regarding budgetary veto rights of the president in a spending bill.
- Editor's view. Roberts, Liz // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);7/29/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4230, p12
The author comments on increased government funding for early education in Great Britain.
- Payment by results to be trialled in children's centres. Gaunt, Catherine // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);7/12/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4273, p5
The article reports that with the British government providing three million British pounds, payments-by-results will be trialled in children's centres in 30 areas.
- Sector's views sought on funding for early education. Gaunt, Catherine // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);4/21/2011, Vol. 111 Issue 4265, p4
The article reports on the public consultation launched by the government of Great Britain regarding its proposal to introduce a new school funding system, including the way early education is funded.