MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, March 22
- Munis Rise as Treasuries Climb On Lower-Than-Expected GDP. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p2
Reports developments related to municipal bonds in the bond market in the U.S. as of August 2, 2004. Improvement in the Treasuries; Growth in the advance second-quarter gross domestic product; Role of the decline in consumption spending on the second-quarter growth rate.
- Munis Drop 3 to 5 Basis Points; Treasuries Rise on Favorable Data. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31709, p2
Reports that municipal bond yields dropped down by three and five basis points on August 28, 2003 in light to moderate trading boosted by treasury bills which continued to gain upward momentum as the session progressed. Impact of the increase in first time applications for unemployment...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, June 21. // Bond Buyer;6/21/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31909, p2
Presents charts on municipal bond deals and economic indicators in the United States as of June 21, 2004. Names of major bond issuers and lead underwriters, including Bear Stearns for an Illinois issue and Lehman Brothers for Sacramento County, California's issue; Jobless claims; Durable goods...
- Munis and Treasuries Weaken After Strong GDP Growth in 3d Quarter. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/31/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31752, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States on October 30, 2003. Weakening of municipal bonds and Treasuries due to better-than-expected third-quarter gross domestic product growth; Secondary market activity.
- Munis Firm, Helped by Treasuries; Detroit, Kansas City, Mo., Sell GOs. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31957, p2
Reports on developments relevant to the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2004. Municipal bond prices; Projected gross domestic product growth in the second quarter of 2004; General obligation bonds.
- Market Close: Muni Yields Finish Week Lower. Barnett, Chip; Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;2/2/2015, Vol. 1, p1
The article informs that prices of top-quality municipal bonds increased along with Treasuries after a report which showed that the U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the fourth quarter increased more slowly than expected report showed the U.S. gross domestic product in the fourth quarter grew...
- Munis Finish Mixed; GDP Weaker Than Expected. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p2
The article reports that participants in the municipal bond market in the United States have mixed emotions as fourth quarter gross domestic product growth came in weaker than expected in 2005. The Commerce Department supported the government bond market when it reported real gross domestic...
- Data-Free Day Leaves Munis Unchanged. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/21/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32533, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market following a stable Treasury market on a data-free day in the U.S. A 2.25 percent growth in gross domestic product, a 1.0 percent gain in durable good is forecasted by economists polled by IFR Markets. Nearly $385 million of...
- N.J., N.Y. Price $1.3B in Road Debt As Cach Bonds, Treasuries Weaken. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/27/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31666, p2
The New Jersey Turnpike Authority and New York State Thruway Authority brought more than $1.3 billion in new issues to market yesterday, while cash bonds weakened and Treasuries registered losses for the second consecutive session. Decline in government securities continues following the...