Fire Up Your Workout
- Reaching your fitness goals. // Mayo Clinic Fitness for Everybody;2005, p76
Presents fitness goal-setting tips. Being specific; Setting initial goals for a few weeks at a time; Measurement of the success based on the specific performance criteria; Detailing the performance goals for six and 12 months and beyond; Writing goals in a journal or on a calendar.
- The trick to staying on track. Hadfield, Jenny // Health (Time Inc.);Jan2008, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p58
The article presents advice on ways to maintain an exercise routine throughout the new year. When individuals reach their indicated goals they should reward themselves. Choose to exercise in a pleasurable outdoor location when the weather is warm. Also, runners or walkers should strive to...
- GOAL ATTACK! McMillan, Gabby // Dolly;Nov2009, Issue 469, p150
The article offers step-by-step instructions for executing certain exercises and offers answers to questions about reaching one's exercise goals.
- Prioritizing Adapted Physical Education Goals: A Pilot Study. Sherrill, Claudine; Montelione, Thomas // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct1990, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p355
The purpose of this study was to develop and field test an instrument to assist in prioritizing adapted physical education goals. Nine goals were identified, and the paired-comparison technique was selected to examine beliefs concerning the relative importance of each goal. Data were collected...
- STRENGTH PROGRAM. // Cleo;Dec2008, p190
The article offers a four-month fitness program. Taking a photo of oneself and sticking it somewhere will remind someone that she is doing a four-month program. Goal-setting is a good way to get back on track and is a good reminder of why someone wants to improve the overall health. A rest day...
- The Variety of Exercise Equipment and Physical Activity Participation in Children. Barkley, Jacob E.; Ryan, Edward J.; Bellar, David; Bliss, Matthew V.; Roemmich, James N. // Journal of Sport Behavior;Jun2011, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p137
The problem: Altering the variety of options presented to an individual can influence consummatory behavior. A greater variety of food choices increases food consumption of children and adults, and a greater variety of purchasing options increases consumer purchasing by adults. Despite the...
- Frosty Fitness Resolutions. Finlayson, Carol // American Fitness;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p39
Presents steps in having a fitness program for the winter season. Importance of goal setting; Need for professional advice in designing and implementing a workout plan; Relevance of scheduling workout sessions.
- Freakish About Fitness. Agoglia, John // Club Industry (07478283);Jun2003, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p4
Encourages the U.S. physical fitness industry to continue reaching U.S. citizens who are not physically fit or active. Views on fitness-minded individuals.
- Self-Handicapping in Structured and Unstructured Exercise: Toward a Measurable Construct. Shields, Christopher A.; Paskevich, David M.; Brawley, Lawrence R. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Sep2003, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p267
This article presents three studies representing the development stages of a theoretically driven measure employed to assess the frequency of use of the self-presentational strategy of self-handicapping in exercise contexts (Self-Handicapping Exercise Questionnaire: SHEQ). First a pilot study...