Trail of Independence
- NAMIBIA: THE STRUGGLE FOR INDEPENDENCE. Nuyoma, Sam // Contemporary Review;Jun84, Vol. 244 Issue 1421, p314
Discusses the liberation war waged by Namibia. Efforts of the Namibians to fight against the racist regime of South Africa; Importance of the national liberation war; Reaction of Western forces including the U.S. to the liberation desires of the Namibians.
- 'Texana.'. Cox, Mike // Breckenridge American;3/29/2008, Vol. 130, p2A
The article reflects on the Battle of Jacinto, which assured Texas independence from Mexico. He notes that artist William Henry Huddle, who was born in Virginia, made the battle visible through his oil painting entitled "The Surrender of Santa Anna." According to him, the painting represents...
- Texas Bangers. // Rourke's Native American History & Culture Encyclopedia;Aug2009, Issue 8, p53
Information on Texas Bangers, who started in 1835, just before the Texas Republic's fight for independence from Mexico, is presented.
- WHAT I AM FIGHTING FOR. Jennings, Frank G. // Saturday Evening Post;7/31/1943, Vol. 216 Issue 5, p29
The article reflects on the reason of the author for fighting as a soldier of the U.S. Words in the U.S. Declaration of Independence explain his reason for fighting. He is committed in fighting enemies who hindered him to exercise his rights. He believes that organized disorder is significant to...
- Wrong or White. Jordan, June // Progressive;Feb90, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p14
Focuses on maneuvers initiated by ideas of freedom. Struggles for autonomy and civil liberties; Questions about the legitimacy of leadership in some countries.
- What 'Independence' Means to Me. NASI, IMAM SHAMSHAD A. // India -- West;7/9/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 33, pA8
In this article the author discusses the freedom to pray and work as his interpretation of gaining independence in the U.S.
- The Austrians Get Austria Back. Wechsberg, Joseph // Saturday Evening Post;8/6/1955, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p30
Discusses the liberation of Austria from the occupation of the Russia and the U.S. Difficulties experienced by the Austrian people during the Russian occupation; Impact of the withdrawal of Soviet troops on Austria; Changes in Austria following the liberation.
- New Jersey: The Crossroads of the American Revolution. // Social Science Docket;Winter/Spring2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p35
The article focuses on pivotal battles that occurred in New Jersey as the U.S. struggled for independence. Topics covered include the British Army's pursuit of the remnants of the Continental Army, the British occupation of Philadelphia that brought war to southern New Jersey and the launch by...
- Congo Hand-Washing. // National Review Bulletin;7/23/1960, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p3
The article focuses on the role of Liberals in the violence occurring in the Congo. Violence in the nation was due to the failures of Belgium to provide political education to the Congolese prior to independence and to insist on a transition period after independence has been granted. Women have...