Tick Tock at Tallil
- This Is What War Is Like. Kantor, Mackinlay // Saturday Evening Post;11/20/1943, Vol. 216 Issue 21, p34
The article discusses the death of young soldiers at a U.S. bomber base in the English Midlands while coming in from a raid. These young soldiers came from several U.S. states. Their B-17 plane landed badly due to flak in the wrong places, claiming the lives of the soldiers. War is bad due to...
- Second thoughts about the last frontier. Roberts, Chuck // Airman;Jul2004, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p48
Presents a soldier's account regarding his trip to the air force base in Alaska. Description about the place and the people; Activities in the snow; Simple life and natural beauty of Anchorage.
- Ready, set, goat: The Holloman Air Force Base Sports Day celebration. Singleton, Sylvia // Parks & Recreation;Dec95, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p49
Features the Holloman Air Force Base Sports Day celebration in the Holloman Air Force Base in New Mexico. Features of the celebration; Highlights; Goal; Activities.
- Bill and Ted would have been proud. Staphill, Ron // Parks & Recreation;Dec95, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p56
Features the recreational activities held by the Lemoore Naval Air Station in California. Features of the station's winning of the Installation Excellence Award; Special events held by the air base.
- A Hidden Enemy. Ruffin, Frances E. // Military Dogs;2007, p4
A chapter of the book "Military Dogs" is presented. It relates the role of sentry dogs in detecting enemy soldiers who secretly surrounded the Tan Son Nhut Air Base in Vietnam in 1966. Rebel, a sentry dog, sensed something was wrong and it began barking and pulling his leash. The dog was killed...
- Dogs of War. Eells, Josh // Texas Monthly;Nov2011, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p84
The article discusses the efforts of the U.S. soldiers at the Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas to train 800 bomb-sniffing dogs. It says that the dogs were trained to sense booby traps and bombs as well as locate terrorists as they hide in their secret areas. According to the author,...
- Soldiers Scheduled To Arrive in Romania Late This Month. // Defense Daily International;7/27/2007, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p8
The article reports that U.S. Army Europe soldiers stationed in Italy and Germany are scheduled to begin arriving at Forward Operating Site Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base, Romania, in late July 2007 to prepare for the Joint Task Force-East proof of principle (PoP) exercise. Roughly 1,000 U.S....
- Soldiers Gearing Up For Exercise In Romania. // Defense Daily;8/13/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 30, p4
The article announces the arrival of U.S. Army Europe (USAREUR) soldiers stationed in Italy and Germany at Forward Operating Site Mihail Kogalniceanu Air Base (FOS MKAB) in Romania, to prepare for the Joint Task Force-East (JTF-E) proof of principle (PoP) exercise. The exercise officially begins...
- Strangers in a strange land. Roane, Kit R. // U.S. News & World Report;12/17/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p16
Focuses on the United States soldiers guarding the Bagram air base in Afghanistan during the war on terrorism. Their longing for friends and family back home; Relationships formed between the soldiers; Lack of sleep for the soldiers as they work to complete their duties.