Coping with Military Life
- Armed Services YMCA honors military children. Oczypok, Kate // Hill;5/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 58, pS19
The article reports on the honors received by the U.S. military children from the U.S. Armed Services Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA).
- Army Brat. Hall, Michael // Texas Monthly;Dec2005, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p172
Relates the author's experience as a son of an Army personnel in Texas. Problem encountered by military brats; Personal background on the father of the author; Description of the Army.
- The Military Child Education Coalition's. Surles, Stephanie // Exceptional Parent;Apr2007, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p69
The article offers tips for preparing the children of U.S. military personnel for upcoming school transitions from the Military Child Education Coalition. Parents should start preparing the children early because the more time parents plan, the more likely things are going to be in order. They...
- Wurzburg High. Hasenauer, Heike // Soldiers;Mar2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p48
Provides information on Wurzburg High School, a school for the children of United States Army members in Germany. Mission of the school; Programs offered by the school; Students accommodated by the school.
- Free further and higher education for ex-forces personnel. // Education (14637073);7/18/2008, Issue 322, p2
The article focuses on the further and higher education opportunities that will be made available to former members of the British armed forces. Great Britain's Ministry of Defense has announced that free education will be available to those persons who have served more than six years. A benefit...
- Children of the Wars. Hardy, Lawrence // American School Board Journal;May2008, Vol. 195 Issue 5, p24
The article provides information regarding stress faced by the school children whose parents are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces and are posted at foreign bases, and offers suggestions to handle it. The stress includes long separations from a parent and fear that loved ones may not return. The...
- CHAMPUS Program Cutback? // Journal of Learning Disabilities;Apr1973, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p259
This article reports that schools participating in CHAMPUS program benefits have been told that due to the U.S. Department of Defense cutbacks, certain changes in CHAMPUS benefits have become necessary. The program has been providing financial benefits for the special education needs of children...
- Good News and Bad News. Schroeder, Ken // Education Digest;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about military recruiting in schools and another about comforting children whose parents are dying in the Iraq War.
- Adolescent Pregnancy in the U.S. Military: What We Know and What We Need to Know. Klein, David A.; Adelman, William P. // Military Medicine;Jul2008, Vol. 173 Issue 7, p658
Adolescent pregnancy is a significant public health problem in the United States, but little is known about this condition in military-affiliated populations. This article reviews what is known about adolescent pregnancy among (1) dependent children of active duty and retired personnel and (2)...