Chaplain recalls journey from communism
- A Christmas Story. Tarello, Elaine // Airman;Dec2000, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p28
Describes the participation of Lieutenant Colonel Russell Blaisdell, a chaplain of the United States Air Force, in the Korean War in Seoul, South Korea in 1950. Description of the social and economic situation; Efforts to save orphans from the war; Memories from the experience.
- Chaplain Target In Pearl Harbor Attack. // Priest;Dec2012, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p54
The article profiles Monsignor Terence Patrick Finnegan, a chief of U.S. Air Force chaplains during World War II which includes information on his education, his foray into the U.S. army and work as U.S. military chaplain.
- Airborne Spirit. Hayward, George // Airman;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p26
Profiles Chaplain (Capt.) Shannon Philio, the first United States Air Force chaplain on permanent jump status. His career background; Comments from Colonel Eric Rosborg, commander of Pope's 18th ASOG; Spiritual air support.
- Air Force names first woman as top chaplain. // Christian Century;7/4/2001-7/11/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 20, p12
Features Lorraine K. Potter, the first woman to be named chief of chaplains for the United States Air Force. Number of active duty, guard and reserve chaplains Potter will train; Achievements of Potter; Vocation of Potter.
- Air Force's first woman rabbi. Pollak, Suzanne // Washington Jewish Week;5/2/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 18, p6
The article discusses the experiences of Sarah Schechter, who is the first female rabbi to join the U.S. air force. The article states that she works as a counselor and chaplain at Andrews Air Force Base and takes care of relatives of deceased people. She showcases Judaism by hosting sedarim and...
- Adopted Roots. Tudor, Jason // Airman;Dec2001, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p38
Features the family of United States (U.S.) Air Force Chaplain Philip and Sandy Guin. Reason for the decision of the couple d to adopt children; Problems with the adoption process in the U.S.; Description of their family life. INSET: Law provides families reimbursement for adoption.
- Faith on the Front Line. Vandeventer, Gene // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec2009, Vol. 61 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the critical role of the U.S. Air Force Reserve chaplains in providing religious ceremonies and pastoral care as well as giving advice in regards to spiritual, ethical, and moral concerns to Airmen.. It notes that chaplains performed several duties such as preaching in...
- DEFENDING FREEDOM THROUGH Religion. Croxon, J. Paul // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p12
The article explores the lives of U.S. Air Force chaplains from different faiths including Islam, Judaism, and Christianity. It is stressed that airmen chaplains provide care, counsel and minister in the midst of conflict and bloodshed and other host of issues. According to Chaplain Major...
- CHAPLAIN IMAM. // Airman;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 53 Issue 6, p16
The article profiles Captain Sharior Rahman, a U.S. Air Force chaplain imam, It is stressed that Rahman's home unit/base is located at the 37th Training Wing Lackland Air Force Base in Texas. It is mentioned that the calling of Rahman as a chaplain imam came over a number of events. It is said...