Tax relief aids military, families
- Terrorist Victims Tax-Exempts. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p15
No abstract available.
- DOD Says: Disregard IRS Mistake. // Soldiers;Apr2002, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p11
Reports that the U.S. Department of Defense has ordered U.S. Army soldiers to disregard letters sent by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service regarding tax exclusions for combat-zone duty. Contents of the letters; Remarks from Tom Emswiler, executive director of the Armed Forces Tax Council.
- Saving Private Ryan's Tax Refund: Poverty Relief for ALL Working Poor Military Families. Lipman, Francine J. // NewsQuarterly;Jan2010, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p9
The article discusses earned income tax credit (EITC) that provided poverty relief to poor U.S. military families. It details the Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act (HEART) signed by former U.S. President George W. Bush in 2008 that exempted married military taxpayers from the Social...
- Give active military a tax break. SCHNEIDERMAN, ERIC T. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/15/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p13
The author argues against the property-tax bill imposed on the families of active-duty servicemen in New York, and discusses the TRAMS Act, Tax Relief for Active Military Service which provides a real property-tax exemption to those serving during wartime and those serving in a combat zone.
- 10 Terrorists, 9 Soldiers Die in Pakistan Attack. IANS // News India Times;09/07/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 36, p16
The article informs that 10 terrorists and nine soldiers were killed at the incident of militant attack at the check-post located in Surang Baba Ziarat village, Pakistan on August 29, 2012.
- TURKEY-PKK. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);3/15/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4809, p9
The article cites a report concerning the death on a Turkish soldier during the fight with the Kurdistan Workers Party (PKK) in Hakkari, Turkey.
- Two soldiers martyred in southeast Turkey PKK attacks. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;1/12/2016, p1
The article reports that two Turkish soldiers were killed in PKK terrorist attacks in southeastern provinces of Sirnak and Diyarbakir.
- Service Members Supporting Enduring Freedom Get Tax Break. Gilmore, Gerry J. // All Hands;Mar2002, Issue 1019, p8
Reports on the tax relief given to U.S. soldiers serving in Afghanistan as part of Operation Enduring Freedom through an executive order signed by U.S. President George W. Bush. Degrees of tax relief that exist under the combat zone tax benefits; Requirements for taking actions with the U.S....
- THE HUNT FOR HOME: EVERY MILITARY FAMILY'S BATTLE WITH STATE DOMICILE LAW. KORSAK, DEAN W. // Air Force Law Review;2013, Vol. 69, p251
The article discusses domicile impact on the U.S. service member and military family. It informs that service members and their spouse can easily claim for tax exemption from state income tax under the Military Spouses Residency Relief Act. It concludes that certain actions should be taken to...