- Acarbose is effective treatment for patients with type I diabetes. // Geriatrics;June97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p91
Presents an abstract of the work `Acarbose in treatment of type I diabetes,' by P. Hollander, X. Pi-Sunyer, et al from `Diabetic Care' dated March 1997. Symptoms attributed to hypoglycemic episodes; Significance of the acarbose treatment.
- Acarbose now available in 25-mg tablets. // Clinical Diabetes;1998, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p88
Announces the availability of acarbose tablets from Bayer Corporation. Dosage it is available in; What the drug allows patients to do; Comments from James Magner, medical doctor and associate director of metabolic clinical research for Bayer's pharmaceutical division; Information on what the...
- Acarbose Improves Glycemic Control in Overweight Type 2 Diabetic Patients Insufficiently Treated With Metformin. Phillips, Patrick; Karrasch, Jeff; Scott, Russell; Wilson, Dennis; Moses, Robert // Diabetes Care;Feb2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p269
OBJECTIVE â€” To investigate the efficacy and safety of acarbose as add-on therapy in overweight type 2 patients with diabetes inadequately controlled by metformin. RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS â€” This study adopted a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel...
- Response to Chiasson et al.: Acarbose for the prevention of Type 2 diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease in subjects with impaired glucose tolerance: facts and interpretations concerning the critical analysis of the STOP-NIDDM Trial data. Sawicki, P. T.; Kaiser, T. // Diabetologia;Jun2004, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p976
The article presents a response to a letter to the editor about an article on acarbose for the prevention of type two diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease in subjects with impaired glucose tolerance.
- Acarbose. // Reactions Weekly;4/17/2010, Issue 1297, p6
The article describes a case of pneumatosis cystoides intestinalis of the ascending colon in a 65-year-old woman during treatment with acarbose for type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Improve glycaemic control with acarbose. Morris, David // GP: General Practitioner;4/1/2002, p59
Focuses on the role of acarbose in controlling type-2 diabetes. Composition of acarbose; Usage of acarbose; Side-effects of acarbose.
- Acarbose-Induced Acute Hepatitis. Diaz-Gutierrez, Francisco L.; Ladero, José M.; Diaz-Rubio, Manuel // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Mar1998, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p481
Presents a letter to the editor about acarbose-induced acute hepatitis.
- A new diabetic agent that works in the GI tract. Cerrato, Paul L. // RN;Dec95, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p78
Reports on the approval of acarbose for the treatment of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. How the drug works; How the drug is being recommended; Recommended initial doses; Other possible adverse effect.
- OVERDOSE OF INSULIN AND OTHER DIABETIC MEDICATION. Bates, Nicola // Emergency Nurse;Nov2002, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p22
Provides information on the types of drugs used in the treatment of diabetes. Insulin; Acarbose; Preprandial glucose regulators.