The Capital Markets Experiment
- Debt capital markets experts increasingly in demand as financial institutions bankers. Freed, Dan // Asset Securitization Report;2/26/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p12
The article discusses the efforts of investment bankers to meet greater share of clients' businesses in the capital market in the U.S. The move reflects on the continuous developments in structured finance and in the financial services industry. The banks noted that the integration of markets...
- THIRD QUARTER 2008 ROUNDUP. // Investment Management Weekly;10/28/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p1
The article presents data from a manager search compiled between July 1 and September 30, 2008. A comparison is done on information gathered from the same period in 2007. It discusses the findings on the mandates awarded for the third quarter of 2008 as reported by plan sponsors and investment...
- GLOBAL TRENDS AND CHALLENGES IN INVESTMENT BANKING. Podoliaková, Katarína Oravíková // EkonomickÃ© Rozhl'ady / Ecomomic Review;Dec2013, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p413
Investment banking is one of the most dynamic sectors of global finance. Activities of investment banks impact the global economy and are very important to the smooth functioning of capital markets. Thus it is no surprise that the business of investment banking has been subject to a great deal...
- US Loan Mart On Pace For Another $1 Trillion-Plus Volume Year. // Bank Loan Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the volume of syndicated loan for the first quarter of 2005 in the U.S. Total loan volume; Percentage increase in leveraged loans; Influence of strong merger and acquisition activity on the loans market.
- Loan Traders Face More Complex Market. // Bank Loan Report;4/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the changes in the syndicated loan market in the U.S. Growth in the number and type of investors; Complexity of credit portfolios; Improvement in the trading of high yield bond fund.
- The Blame Game. Kowitt, Beth // Fortune International (Asia);10/27/2008, Vol. 158 Issue 7, p12
The article looks at different accusations that arose in response to the collapse of the capital markets in the U.S. The finance district is blamed for securities that delivered high returns, but were complex and unregulated. The government is blamed for the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act which allows...
- U.S. Capital Markets. // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/21/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 44, p24
Presents a chart depicting the performance of the U.S. capital markets as of November 15, 2005.
- INVESTMENT BANKING DATABASE: M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/13/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 35, p19
This article presents charts and tables presenting statistical data about investment banking database.
- Big June Deals Cap 1st Half M&A Wave. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/3/2006, Vol. 72 Issue 26, p4
The article presents a roundup of news pertaining to mergers and acquisitions. The global merger and acquisition volume as of June 26, 2006 hit $1.77 billion. The top investments banks in terms of fees include Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, Citigroup, and JP Morgan. According to Greg Peterson,...