- Boutiques Feel The Street's Pain. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p14
Examines the importance of partnership to the boutique investment banks in the U.S. Emphasis of the personal contacts with Wall Street firms; Changes of the lifestyle; Provision of entrepreneurial culture among the bankers.
- Stormy Weather Over Wall Street. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;10/26/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p327
Presents Wall Street-related news items as of October 1998. Thom Weisel's resignation as head of Montgomery Securities, and other United States brokerage executive resignations in the wake of acquisitions by big banks; Demands on chief executives in the face of financial market turmoil; Morgan...
- Project Finance Activity Holds Its Own. // Global Finance;Jul2001, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p30
Discusses several issues in project financing in a roundtable discussion with several finance executives. Update on the project finance sectors; Expectations from the development of the loan and bond markets in Europe; Discussion on the possible impact of bank consolidation; Views on investment...
- SSB Reps Had the Answer. Jamieson, Dan // On Wall Street;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p18
Presents updates on various issues related to Wall Street as of June 1, 2003. Issues on separating investment banking from retail investment; Plans of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission to investigate individuals for supervision failures; Contention against a proposal on disclosure...
- NEW ENTRANTS MOVING INTO PRIME BROKERAGE. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;12/20/2004 Supp Clearing, p14
Presents information on the status of the prime brokerage industry in the U.S. as of December 2004. Background on the operations of Furman Selz investment bank; Comparison of prime brokerage industry with correspondent clearing industry; Reason behind the focus of prime brokerage firms on the...
- INDEPENDENTS PURSUE BACK-OFFICE INDEPENDENCE. Hintze, John // Securities Industry News;12/20/2004 Supp Clearing, p21
Focuses on the independent brokerage company RF Lafferty & Co. Reason behind the search of the company for a competitive structure in the clearing and securities industry: Significance of level of service to broker-dealer looking for a clearing firm; Information on the companies that worked...
- Help for Broke Brokers. // Time;9/24/1973, Vol. 102 Issue 13, p112
The article reports on the commissions imposed by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to aid investments brokers in the U.S. It states that brokers will receive commission charges by 10 percent for small transactions and 15 percent for medium-sized transactions. It mentions that the...
- Brokers bounce back. Featherstone, Tony // BRW;11/3/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 43, p6
Comments on the stockbroking industry in Australia. List of four investment banks who were able to strengthen their position at the top of the broking tree; Predictions on the industry's demise overlooked client; Impact of Internet on the brokers valued service.
- Consolidation fever likely to linger for FIG bankers. Monroe, Ann // Investment Dealers' Digest;07/07/97, Vol. 63 Issue 27, p25
Focuses on bank mergers in the United States. Industry's belief in convergence; Offer of a diverse range of services through mergers and consolidation; Top securities mergers in 1997; Effects of the Morgan Stanley Group Inc.'s merger with Dean Witter Discover and Co. on the industry.