- EDITORS' NOTE. // Biography: An Interdisciplinary Quarterly;Fall2007, Vol. 30 Issue 4, pIII
The article reports on trends in the number of critical publications devoted to life writing. According to a journal that publishes bibliographies, its 2007 annual bibliography publication shows a continued pattern of growth in the number of critical publications devoted to life writing. In...
- EVALUATING NONFICTION. Nevett, Micki S. // Book Links;Jan2004, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the increasing popularity of non-fiction books. Much to be gained from reading informational books; Necessary quality of non-fiction books; Other qualities of a good non-fiction book.
- Resources from ERIC. Masters, Denise // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p68
Reviews documents and journal articles related to children's books and the publishing industry. Includes `Battling Dragons: Issues and Controversy in Children's Literature,' edited by Susan Lehr; `How to Establish Effective Book Marketing and Distribution Systems in Asia/Pacific'; `Toward the...
- NEW BOOKS FOR FALL. // Quill & Quire;Sep2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p18
The article presents information about the fall announcements lists of English-language books published between July 1 and Dec. 31, 2004. The information in the Announcements is provided by publishers. The emphasis of the Announcements is on trade titles; therefore, most textbooks and books...
- Women's Health LiteratureWatch. // Journal of Women's Health;Nov98, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p1175
Presents information about books, and articles published in various journals on women's health. Titles of articles with names of respective authors; Information on the issues of various periodicals in which the respective articles have been published.
- MILLER ON LAWRENCE. Rossman, Charles // Contemporary Literature;Fall83, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p406
Focuses on the publication of the book 'The World of Lawrence,' by Henry Miller. History on the writing of the book; Chapters of the book; Criticisms on the book.
- WORK IN PROGRESS. // American Notes & Queries;May63, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p139
Presents information on several books in progress as of May 1963. Bibliography of Robert Graves; Contents of the 'Bibliography of the English Language, 1500-1800'; Publications worked on by the Library of Congress.
- Children's Preferences in Publishers. Kolson, Clifford J.; Robinson, Richard E.; Zimmerman, William G. // Education;Nov1962, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p155
The article investigates whether children ages 6, 7 and 8 have a preference for publishers of children's books through self-selection activities in the U.S. One hundred and fifty children were observed in the following cities: Fort Myers, Florida; Arlington, Virginia; Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania;...
- MEDICAL/HEALTH BEST SELLERS. // Library Journal;3/1/1991, Vol. 116 Issue 4, p83
This section presents a list of medical and health books that were released in the U.S. market as of March 1991.