People in the News
- IN THE LOOP. // Book Publishing Report;9/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p5
Discusses the book market distribution of the HarperCollins company. Economic status in the merchandising industry; Administrative function of the company; Operational activities and affiliations in the business.
- The fellowship of the hype. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p6
Reports the release of a series of books from author J.R.R. Tolkien by HarperCollins Canada in Canada. List of the books released; Increase on the sales of the books; Recruitment of Jeannine Rosenberg to coordinate promotion and marketing campaigns for the books.
- HC Ups Free Freight Minimun. // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the changes implemented by book company, Harper Collins (HC) in terms of sale, beginning July 1, 2001. Increase in HC minimum order for accounts to receive free freight; Discount for orders worth less than $100 at retail.
- Delbourgo leaves HarperCollins. // Publishers Weekly;5/24/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 21, p19
Reports on Joelle Delbourgo's resignation as editor-in-chief and associate publisher of adult trade division of HarperCollins.
- Untitled. // Marketing Week;11/26/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p10
Focuses on the images designed for HarperCollins, a book publisher, by Melville & Melville company. Other versions of the advertisement campaigns.
- Sales, Earnings Jump at HC. // Publishers Weekly;2/14/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p85
Reports on the gains in sales and earnings posted by HarperCollins for the second quarter of 2000. Revenues of the book company; Factors which contributed to the increased sales.
- Harcourt Aims For More Children's Fiction In 2005. // Book Publishing Report;4/25/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 16, p5
Reports on the plan of Harcourt Children's Books to continue its move towards publishing more fiction in 2005, in the U.S. Appointment of Kathy Dawson as associate editorial director of the company; Total number of books published by the company in 2004; Aim of the company to increase the title...
- Book Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;12/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 47, p6
This article presents news related to book industry and trade. C-SPAN senior executive producer Connie Doebele told BPR that fans of Brian Lamb's Booknotes, which aired its last show on December 5, 2004, can tune in to BookTV on C-SPAN2 for its new book interview show. Afterwords, which will...
- Haller Moving to Harcourt. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 31, p11
Announces the appointment of Jennifer Haller at the children division of Harcourt Trade as vice president of sales in September 2004. Overview of her responsibilities.