- Time to embrace Central America with free trade. Hakim, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;5/24/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 126, p11
Discusses the idea that Central America should be included in the North American Free Trade Agreement, in light of the opinion of United States Trade representative Robert Zoellick.
- Zoellick Heads to D.R. To Discuss Free Trade. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/14/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 10, p11
Reports on U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick's trip to the Dominican Republic on free-trade talks. Aim of integrating the Caribbean country into the Central American Free Trade Agreement; Textile trade between the U.S. and the Dominican Republic.
- Cancun can't, US can. Hendy, Peter // BRW;10/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p54
Comments on the implications of the failed Cancun meeting of the World Trade Organization. Decision of the U.S. to move towards free trade with can-do countries; U.S. trade representative Robert Zoellic's support to a strategy of trade liberalization; Australia's negotiations of free-trade...
- U.S. and Dominican Republic reach free-trade agreement. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;3/25/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p42
A fourth round of marathon negotiations between the U.S. and the Dominican Republic (D.R.) concluded in Washington last week. U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick announced that a bilateral trade agreement had been reached. The D.R. pact is the eighth free-trade agreement concluded by U.S....
- U.S. Inks Deal With Dominican Republic. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/16/2004, Vol. 187 Issue 55, p18
Reports on the U.S. and Dominican Republic's signing of a free-trade agreement that paves the way for its inclusion in a broader trade agreement with five Central American countries. Remarks of U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick regarding the U.S.-Dominican Republic free-trade agreement;...
- Manama signs free trade agreement with US. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/4/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the free trade agreement (FTA) signed by Washington and Manama, Bahrain on May 27, 2004. Effectivity of the agreement; Coverage of the FTA; Comments from U.S. trade representative Robert Zoellick on the agreement.
- Washington to start FTA talks with Oman, UAE. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/19/2004, Vol. 48 Issue 47, p26
Reports on the plan of the U.S. to start negotiations on free trade agreements with Oman and the United Arab Emirates, according to trade representative Robert Zoellick. Estimated value of U.S. trade with Oman and the UAE; Purpose of the move.
- Region needs the freedom to trade in Central America. Lane, Marc J. // Crain's Chicago Business;5/5/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p9
The U.S. President George W. Bush is negotiating a free-trade agreement with five Central American countries, as of May 2003. When the deal is implemented, as the U.S. Trade Representative Robert B. Zoellick and his counterparts in Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua...
- Zoellick Offers Reassurance. // Latin America Monitor: Caribbean Monitor;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the assurance given by U.S. Trade Representative Robert Zoellick to his Caribbean counterparts that small and vulnerable economies would receive special treatment in the negotiations leading up to the Free Trade Area of the Americas. Information on discussions among U.S. and...