Top New York Literary Agents Merge to Form InkWell
- Thriving Economy Creates Healthy Commercial Market. Jackson, Mandy // San Diego Business Journal;4/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p25
Presents news and developments pertaining to economics, business and commerce in San Diego, California compiled as of April 2004. Business operations of Colliers International; Commercial real estate brokerage business; Acquisitions by the New York city-based national real estate investment...
- Service-provider M&A activity seen heating up this year. Fuller, Meghan // Lightwave;Mar2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the increasing popularity of merger and acquisitions in service providers in North America. Competition within service providers; Contribution of the market condition to the consolidation; Advantages of mergers and acquisitions.
- Deal Flow Seem Slower This Year? Yup, Say a Pair of Bankers. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;02/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p3
Focuses on trends in mergers and acquisitions in the United States in 2001. Opinion of bankers; Interpretations of the decline in deals.
- NEWS. // Gases & Welding Distributor;Nov/Dec2002 2003 Directory, p12
Reports developments in the business industry as of November 2002. Details on the change of the name of NSWA organization to Gases and Welding Distributors Association; Agreement between Praxair Inc. and Chart Industries Inc.; Terms under the contract signed by Air Products and Chemicals Inc....
- Are European competition authorities wrong? Estimating market power from abnormal stock returns. Dumont, B�trice // Antitrust Bulletin;Summer2006, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p411
The article determines what European businesses are doing wrong on estimating market power from unstable stock returns. It explains that based from the statistics on European merger control, there is no systematic upward or downward trend between 1990 and 2003 in the risk made by a party of a...
- Business & Finance. // Christian Science Monitor;6/2/99, Vol. 91 Issue 130, p20
Offers business and finance news briefs for June 2, 1999. AmSouth Bancorp to acquire First American Corp. in a stock swap valued at $6.3 billion; Announcement by Liberty Media Group that it will buy The Associated Group Inc.; The union of an online broker and online bank in the acquisition of...
- Letter to the Perspectives Editor. Lynch, John // Human Resource Planning;2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p8
Argues that the topic of integration of merged or acquired companies as prescription for success of a particular kind of transaction, is a broader subject and consideration must be given to the type of merger or acquisition. Goodwill factor in explaining the success of transactions; Disparity...
- They Were Cool; Now They're Just Rich. Mardesich, Jodi // Fortune;7/5/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 1, Special Report p110
Mentions Internet company, Nullsoft, which sold out to America Online for just under $100 million.
- Not So Fast. Sparks, John // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);8/22/2005 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 146 Issue 8, p4
Offers a look at the global acquisitions of Chinese companies. Failure of Cnooc's bid for Unocal and Haier's bid for Maytag; Report that Chinese mergers and acquisitions are valued at a total of $2.3 billion for 2005, as of August; Desire of Chinese companies to acquire U.S. brands.